No announcement yet.

Hi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Occasionally. I think about 2 per year. I had a British second mate on my first ship.
    Linkedin

Comment

Got a contact???

Size4riggerboots

Blog tWitterings Flickr Tumblr Faceache

Comment

Originally posted by size4riggerboots View Post
        Got a contact???
        Nope. Just what I heard, apparently the training manager comes down after you start final college phase and if they want to keep you (I think you need good reviews from all your captains) they will offer you a place.
        Linkedin

Comment

Nuts.

Size4riggerboots

Comment

Delta are hiring I believe. http://www.deltamarine.co.uk/crew-recruitment

Right now, we are looking for both Deck Engineering Officers mainly for positions on container vessels ranging from 2500 TEU to 8000 TEU.

Junior positions are also available for good ex UK cadets and experienced Junior Officers.
            Linkedin

Comment

Shweet! Cheers matey!

Size4riggerboots

Comment

Originally posted by size4riggerboots View Post
                Nuts.
                S4, amidst all this talk of there being oodles of jobs for MN Officers, your continued joblessness isn't filling me with eastern promise...

Or are you just picky?
                "Crazy like wild wolves threatened by fire, send them all to the bottom of the sea."

Comment

Originally posted by Ducki52 View Post
                  S4, amidst all this talk of there being oodles of jobs for MN Officers, your continued joblessness isn't filling me with eastern promise...

Or are you just picky?
                  You just got to know where to look. I have 5 companies on my list for after I qualify if I don't get offered a place, all hiring Junior UK deckies. As for engineers, there are tons of jobs available.
                  Linkedin

Comment

Part of my problem is that I am still awaiting my CoC in the post, I sent off for it only a couple of weeks ago, despite qualifying in early Dec. Once I have that there are several online application forms I can finish filling out. Plus, most of my experience is cruise ship, which I'm not massively keen on going back to, but it does mean that people with cargo ship experience will be more likely to get a job that they and I apply to... Once I have my CoC I can finally get my Viking Recruitment form finished off, and the Maersk one too and hopefully after that things will start happing a bit quicker!

tlloyd, would you feel like being very kind and sending me that list?? Pwetty pwease?

Size4riggerboots

Comment

Check your messages.
                      Linkedin

Comment

Edit
                        I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.....

All posts here represent my own opinion and not that of my employer.

Comment

Your bold points noted. Contribution appreciated. Companies are mostly non-UK companies, who will hire British personnel. Container ships are my target, have tried bulk, but feel at home at the moment with box ships.
                          Linkedin

Comment

Originally posted by tlloyd1983 View Post
                            Your bold points noted. Contribution appreciated. Companies are mostly non-UK companies, who will hire British personnel. Container ships are my target, have tried bulk, but feel at home at the moment with box ships.
                            Ach, boring! No challenge to them! Go for tankers...
                            I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.....

All posts here represent my own opinion and not that of my employer.

Comment

Haha, 13,100 box ship in Yangshan, 5000 moves and discharging break bulk from CH10, discharging 200 reefers as well, using 7 gantries with twin spreaders. 366m to run back and forward, and stevedores stealing the LSA on deck. One O/S, one Cadet and one Officer. Oh, the Anti-Heeling Pump is being serviced, so you have to pump manually between the heeling tanks. Challenging aint the word!
                              Linkedin

Comment

Originally posted by tlloyd1983 View Post
                                Haha, 13,100 box ship in Yangshan, 5000 moves and discharging break bulk from CH10, discharging 200 reefers as well, using 7 gantries with twin spreaders. 366m to run back and forward, and stevedores stealing the LSA on deck. One O/S, one Cadet and one Officer. Oh, the Anti-Heeling Pump is being serviced, so you have to pump manually between the heeling tanks. Challenging aint the word!
                                Was that one of those moments where you just look at the unfolding situation through narrowed eyes thinking 'no, surely not... I MUST be hallucinating...'
                                "Crazy like wild wolves threatened by fire, send them all to the bottom of the sea."

Comment

Working...
                                X