Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HNC engineering/sponsors

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • HNC engineering/sponsors

    hi guys new here aspiring to be a marine engineer and wondered has anybody here been and done the HNC in glasgow and whats clyde marine like whats the best sponsor for training engine cadets and also company that take on newly qualified cadets? thanks

  • #2
    Clyde Marine are alright, they do their job as required. Clyde ponsors that are good/take on their cadets as employees are Cal Mac, Disney, Northern Marine, NCL, Royal Caribbean, Northlink, Farstad, Regent 7, Vroon.

    Comment


    • #3
      cheers mate northern marine looks decent hopefully get paired with them

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by callumc View Post
        cheers mate northern marine looks decent hopefully get paired with them
        If I had the opportunity again I would’ve chosen Northern Marine, Sentinel Marine or CalMac.

        Originally posted by agibbs98 View Post
        Clyde Marine are alright, they do their job as required. Clyde ponsors that are good/take on their cadets as employees are Cal Mac, Disney, Northern Marine, NCL, Royal Caribbean, Northlink, Farstad, Regent 7, Vroon.
        Farstad is one of 3 companies merged into Solstad and they don’t take on UK cadets post cadetship, I’m currently with them and got caught out just after I started my cadetship sadly...

        Comment


        • #5
          if you get good training and eager am sue u can get employment

          Comment


          • #6
            That’s a shame Chine!

            I’m pretty sure Northern Marine put cadets on their Stena tankers... one of which has just been seized off the coast of Iran. CalMac are a safer bet now, less Iranian special forces on the western isles of Scotland!

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Chine View Post

              If I had the opportunity again I would’ve chosen Northern Marine, Sentinel Marine or CalMac.



              Farstad is one of 3 companies merged into Solstad and they don’t take on UK cadets post cadetship, I’m currently with them and got caught out just after I started my cadetship sadly...

              Enjoy your cadetship, Solstad will treat you well. Having worked for all three companies listed as well as completing a cadetship with Solstad I would recommend them. IMO, the same can not be said for some of the companies you have listed above though!

              C

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by MacNeil View Post


                Enjoy your cadetship, Solstad will treat you well. Having worked for all three companies listed as well as completing a cadetship with Solstad I would recommend them. IMO, the same can not be said for some of the companies you have listed above though!
                Thanks. Yeah I’ve had very good training and support so far. Despite the slim chances of employment after my cadetship I think the experience and training they’ve put me through will put me in good stead, I consider myself really lucky to have them as a sponsor after hearing some horror stories!

                Comment

                Working...
                X