Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Second Career

Hello Crew!

I am on the cusp of a career change and pursuing my dream as a Deck Officer in MN - you only get one life etc, etc....

Thanks so much for all your contributions on this forum, it is a true goldmine for the uninitiated. Of note, i would love to hear from anyone who has done this as a second career. I am just about the right side of 40 and about to go back to uni. I cant quite work out if i am a life coach's wet dream or insane!

cheers all!

Plenty of guys having this as their second third fourth career! I’ve seen ages 16-55 trying to get their tickets, good luck!

Comment

I am also changing careers and pursuing my dream - as you said you only live once. I am 28 so a little bit younger than yourself but I an still older than most, as I come to realise at Warsash open day. I am not overly concerned though and neither should you be. I spoke to a cadet that was in their early forties and he was really inspiring and put my nerves to rest.

Good luck to you.

Comment

Cheers matelot. I think you and I were at the same event! Did feel a bit crusty!

Comment

Working...
        X