• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CharlieDelta
    replied
    Re: Hello

Hi shifty and welcome!

As a deckie applicant I'll leave the answers to your questions to the clankies, but great to see you on here.

Be sure to spread the word once you start!

CD

Leave a comment:

• shifty
    started a topic Hello

Hello

Hi all,

I am Shifty the geordie and I am delighted to say that I recently secured a Engine Cadetship with Maersk starting September 2010.

I am a mature Cadet of 29 yrs with engineering experience of 13 yrs (non marine)

I will begin the BEng in Marine and Mechanical at Liverpool John Moore in September and can't wait to get stuck in

I have worked overseas before in the middle east which was oil and gas based engineering

A few questions on a few different subjucts if I may pick the brains of the masses...

What is Liverpool John Moores Uni like ?

In a competative Cadetship as this one is, will a full degree set me apart from guys who qualify with lesser awards...ie: will the degree help me get taken on after the 3 yr training period ?

Which would be better Tankers or Container Vessels ?....can I influence what type of vessel I get assigned to ?, I'd prefer tanker as I already have Oil & Gas experience

What kind of pay increments are we looking at ?:

Chief Engine ?
    2nd Engine ?
    3rd Engine ?
    4th Engine ?

I relise that it is dependant on employer but it would be great to have a blueprint

When qualified EOOW how long does it take to get through the relevent tickets all the way up to Chief tickets ?

WILL NEWCASTLE UNITED STAY UP NEXT SEASON ?????????????? hahah

Thanks guys

any info is greatly received
Working...
X