Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello

Hi all,

I am Shifty the geordie and I am delighted to say that I recently secured a Engine Cadetship with Maersk starting September 2010.

I am a mature Cadet of 29 yrs with engineering experience of 13 yrs (non marine)

I will begin the BEng in Marine and Mechanical at Liverpool John Moore in September and can't wait to get stuck in

I have worked overseas before in the middle east which was oil and gas based engineering

A few questions on a few different subjucts if I may pick the brains of the masses...

What is Liverpool John Moores Uni like ?

In a competative Cadetship as this one is, will a full degree set me apart from guys who qualify with lesser awards...ie: will the degree help me get taken on after the 3 yr training period ?

Which would be better Tankers or Container Vessels ?....can I influence what type of vessel I get assigned to ?, I'd prefer tanker as I already have Oil & Gas experience

What kind of pay increments are we looking at ?:

Chief Engine ?
    2nd Engine ?
    3rd Engine ?
    4th Engine ?

I relise that it is dependant on employer but it would be great to have a blueprint

When qualified EOOW how long does it take to get through the relevent tickets all the way up to Chief tickets ?

WILL NEWCASTLE UNITED STAY UP NEXT SEASON ?????????????? hahah

Thanks guys

any info is greatly received

Re: Hello

Hi shifty and welcome!

As a deckie applicant I'll leave the answers to your questions to the clankies, but great to see you on here.

Be sure to spread the word once you start!

CD
    sigpic
    Hello! I'm Chris. I'm away a lot so I'm sorry if it takes me a while to reply to messages, but I promise I'll get back to everyone. If it's urgent, please email me directly at christopher.doyle@officercadet.com.

Need books, Flip Cards or chartwork instruments? Visit SailorShop.co.uk!

Comment

Working...
    X