Hi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi

Hi everyone I've just finished 2 years working on cruise ships in the spa and decided a year ago to become a deck cadet. I'm with sstg and waiting for interviews the sponsor companies. I have requested saga, TUI, evergreen and geosurvey does anyone have any experience or has any information on them??

I will be starting in sept 2011 at either warsash or Fleetwood

Any info would be a great help :-)

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]

Re: Hi

HI, by Geosurvey, I think you mean Gardline, in which case I'm starting with them in Jan, so will be able to tell you how that is, though SSTG handle most of the college stuff, I can tell you that Gardline have been extremely helpful and pleasant to deal with so far, I was recruited on short notice, and as such all sides are having to rush things along.

Comment

Ah spa workers. Have to say you guys know how to have a right laugh on ship

Comment

I have friends in both Saga and Evergreen. Only ever heard good things about them
        Welcome to the site, hope you get the options you want

To boldly go.....
        Forum Administrator
        OfficerCadet.com

Comment

What did you friend say about Saga, or evergreen ? cheers

Comment

Ive heard mixed reports about Evergreen. To be honest the company can be brilliant but its really up to what your chief officer is like on-board, that is the way it genuinely works. With Evergreen though it seems that contact with the actual company itself is limited, whereas with other companies like Gardline is much more easier. Ive heard good reports of Gardline though. It seems cadets who go on ships with companies like Gardline get a better experience and learn more than cadets that go on with big container companies which is simply back and forward.

Comment

Working...
            X