Parent hello

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parent hello

Hi, I'm browsing the forum and hope to also get great advice as a parent of a young person hoping to get a cadetship after A levels in 2018.
    Thank you.

mine has done it after A Levels started this Sept at Fleetwood

Comment

what information do you want

Comment

Originally posted by Matt247 View Post
        what information do you want
        At the moment none, but I am sure to be firing off loads in the near future. Is your child enjoying Fleetwood?
        Thank you for the welcome��

Comment

yes ....hes coming home this weekend for the first time. Have you attended any open days yet

Comment

Tottieteifi, do you happen to be from the Cardigan area? (clue in the username).

I'm a cadet on my final sea phase and I'm from Pembrokeshire. Any questions, fire away.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Comment

Been through from one end to qualified as a parent. There a quite few others like me too.

Comment

We have been to Plymouth and are going to Fleetwood in January. What is Fleetwood like?

Comment

Originally posted by McBoo View Post
                  Tottieteifi, do you happen to be from the Cardigan area? (clue in the username).

I'm a cadet on my final sea phase and I'm from Pembrokeshire. Any questions, fire away.

Yes. In Ceredigion. Where have you done your training and with which training company? Who is your sponsor company? Thanks.

Comment

Good stuff.

I'm with Maersk and they sent me to South Tyneside College... There was an opportunity to express a preference of college but at the end of the day you don't really have a choice.
                    I'd say it would be worth getting your son/daughter to register and do some research, a sponsor will be looking for that interest in an interview.

Comment

Originally posted by McBoo View Post
                      Good stuff.

I'm with Maersk and they sent me to South Tyneside College... There was an opportunity to express a preference of college but at the end of the day you don't really have a choice.
                      I'd say it would be worth getting your son/daughter to register and do some research, a sponsor will be looking for that interest in an interview.

Thanks for the advice. Are you with a training company or have you got a direct sponsorship with Maersk?

Comment

Maersk and several other companies offer direct sponsorship, with the potential offer of a job at the end of the cadetship.
                        Then you have the training companies such as SSTG and Clyde Marine Training, who provide cadets for a number of different companies, who in general are less likely to give jobs at the end. However, the training is/can be just as good! Everyone does the same/very similar college course at the end of the day, regardless of sponsor company.

Comment

Working...
                        X