Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello

Hello (:
    My name is Stephanie, I'm 17 years old (18 in 11 days) and I am going to Glasgow College of Nautical Studies in September 2010 to train as a Deck Officer.
    "Did I tell you about my theory about sailors? Sailors are the finest people in the world."

Re: Hey =)

Hi Stephanie and welcome!
    sigpic
    Hello! I'm Chris. I'm away a lot so I'm sorry if it takes me a while to reply to messages, but I promise I'll get back to everyone. If it's urgent, please email me directly at [email protected].

Need books, Flip Cards or chartwork instruments? Visit SailorShop.co.uk!

Comment

It's nice to have a website like this, as I don't know anyone who was in the Merchant Navy! I came across it on my own, so it's good to hear from other young people joining (:
      "Did I tell you about my theory about sailors? Sailors are the finest people in the world."

Comment

Hi Stephanie!

Lovely to have another girly here Do post any questions and random thoughts you have, forums only really work when people talk to each other! :happy-jumpeveryone:

size4

Size4riggerboots

Blog tWitterings Flickr Tumblr Faceache

Comment

Re: Hello

Hi Stephanie, and welcome to the site. Congrats on going to Glasgow. Did you find us on google?

Mod bit: I have made your own thread here
          Forum Admin

Comment

Oh don't worry, I'll have lots to say on here!
            I received a message on Bebo asking me to join (:

Comment

That would be our fellow admin Tron doing the Bebo rounds then!! :naughty:
              Forum Admin

Comment

Haha yeah, 'Elec Tron'

Comment

My first sailing experience, Tall Ships Race 2008.

Comment

Awesome! What boat were you on and which leg(s) did you do?

I was on the TS Pelican- generally the loud one leading the chanting in the parades! :happy-cheerleaderkid:

Size4riggerboots

Comment

Nice! I wish I was on a bigger ship. I was on Clyde Challenger (Class C) the first leg, Liverpool to Maloy. We were the crew that didn't try and sink the Clyde Challenger.

Comment

:laughing-rollingred: Thats alright then, people who try and sink boats scare me!
                        Did you get to the crew party in Maloy? Ahh happy days

Size4riggerboots

Comment

I was at the crew party for around half an hour, then had to go to the bus station because we were leaving that night! Missed all the entertainment! Although I was forced into the tug of war..and we failed badly, but it was hilarious.

Comment

Haha! We were up against Mir... guess who won??

So was it that that made you choose to go to sea for a living?

Size4riggerboots

Comment

Awww man, Mir were some scary people. Some guys from Mir were making fun of me for being a Rangers fan, because Zenit St Petersburg beat them in the Uefa Cup Final in Manchester! Yeah, I always wanted a career involving traveling, and something I had the correct grades for, and one of my teachers told me about the Merchant Navy, and doing the Tall Ships Race made me choose being at sea for a living (:

Briksdalsbreen in the background.

Comment

Working...
                              X