New Kindle 3G

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [For Sale] New Kindle 3G

Still in its box, 3G + Wifi, never used. Free 3G access worldwide with a built in browser that can show mobile gmail and other basic websites.

?90 plus postage.

Tesco currently sells it for ?149. I'm selling because I ended up with two (long story). I'm a happy Kindle user.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Kindle-Wirel...=sa_menu_kdp32
    Former TH cadet with experience of cruise ships, buoy tenders, research ships and oil tankers

due to lack of interest, kindle traded in at cex for a new mobile phone so thread closed
    Former TH cadet with experience of cruise ships, buoy tenders, research ships and oil tankers

Comment

i wouldve bought it
      "My Job"

It's not my place to run the boat
      the fog horn I can't blow.

It's not my place to say just where
      the boat's allowed to go

It's not my right to dock the boat
      or even clang the bell

But let the damn thing
      start to sink AND SEE WHO CATCHES HELL!

Comment

you're a bit late

Comment

Originally posted by chris View Post
          ... Free 3G access worldwide with a built in browser that can show mobile gmail and other basic websites...
          I know you have sold the item, but I have a question. This built in browser, would it show a basic version of Facebook? I have looked into this but I can't find much on it.
          "Knowledge is gained through experience and experience is just another name for our mistakes" - Albert Einstein/Oscar Wilde
          "Choose a career that you really enjoy and you will never have to work a single day in life."

Experience with Container, General Cargo and Cruise vessels.

Comment

Originally posted by Lewisscott22 View Post
            I know you have sold the item, but I have a question. This built in browser, would it show a basic version of Facebook? I have looked into this but I can't find much on it.
            Mine used to...
            I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.....

All posts here represent my own opinion and not that of my employer.

Comment

Originally posted by GuinnessMan View Post
              Mine used to...
              What happened to it?
              "Knowledge is gained through experience and experience is just another name for our mistakes" - Albert Einstein/Oscar Wilde
              "Choose a career that you really enjoy and you will never have to work a single day in life."

Experience with Container, General Cargo and Cruise vessels.

Comment

everyone unfriended him so he isnt on facebook any more
                Trust me I'm a Chief.

Views expressed by me are mine and mine alone.
                Yes I work for the big blue canoe company.
                No I do not report things from here to them as they are quite able to come and read this stuff for themselves.

Twitter:- @DeeChief

Comment

Originally posted by Lewisscott22 View Post
                  What happened to it?
                  Kindle died an honourable death (ok, it's battery died, but I did replace it with something else)

Originally posted by Chiefy View Post
                  everyone unfriended him so he isnt on facebook any more
                  Watch it you! Don't make me tell Mrs Chiefy all your dirty secrets!
                  I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.....

All posts here represent my own opinion and not that of my employer.

Comment

Yes the kindle does display Facebook and most other websites but because it is not really set up for general browsing it isn't the most user friendly experience and some websites cause it to crash. Generally it is best to try and use the mobile versions of sites. There is also a website kinstant.com which tries to convert web pages to be easier viewed on a kindle. Works ok.

Last year they introduced a 50mb a month limit on general browsing which is ridiculously small, although there is a function to turn off images which means you can browse a lot more on this allowance without pictures. This was pretty annoying when I was sitting at anchor off China and hit my limit unexpectedly. It used to be unlimited so I was a wee bit annoyed they introduced a limit without any notice. Guess some people were taking the piss a bit with their usage levels.

Comment

I'm surprised that the unlimited 3G worldwide last so long, I really can't understand how it can be financially viable. I also assume that it wouldn't have taken long for someone to reverse engineer the technology to be able to use the unlimited 3G on another device or phone.

Comment

Yeah I'm pretty sure that is what happened. An email in advance would be been nice though instead of them just cutting it off without warning!

Comment

Working...
                        X