Racism

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GuinnessMan View Post
    See, useless deck officers. Should learn how to skive properly...
    One of the first things you learn as a deck officer is that if you walk around with a clipboard occasionally glaring at people / random objects NO ONE will ever come near you.
    “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”

– Mark Twain
    myBlog | @alistairuk | flickr | youtube Views and opinions expressed are those of myself and not representative of any employer or other associated party.

Comment

Or walk around with a box in your hands.

Nobody will ask you to do anything, the smaller the box the more important the contents.

Comment

Originally posted by alistairuk View Post
        walk around with a clipboard occasionally glaring at people / random objects NO ONE will ever come near you.
        Yes this.

My favorite used to be my confidential & secret material musters. Most of my senior command had never been responsible for anything comms related so were always scared of my 'Muster in Progress - Keep Out' sign on my closed cabin door.
        Superyacht OOW
        SSTG Cadet 2015-2017
        Ex Royal Navy Navigator.

Comment

Originally posted by alistairuk View Post
          One of the first things you learn as a deck officer is that if you walk around with a clipboard occasionally glaring at people / random objects NO ONE will ever come near you.
          That doesn't stop you having to go to the passie entertaining stuff though does it?
          I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.....

All posts here represent my own opinion and not that of my employer.

Comment

Originally posted by GuinnessMan View Post
            That doesn't stop you having to go to the passie entertaining stuff though does it?
            Not really, you normally get hunted down, the only exception I found was at safety officer level everyone knew you were working your nuts off so much already you normally get a free pass from the weekly cocktails etc
            Pilotage - It's just a controlled allision

Comment

Originally posted by Pilot Chris View Post
              Not really, you normally get hunted down, the only exception I found was at safety officer level everyone knew you were working your nuts off so much already you normally get a free pass from the weekly cocktails etc
              The only time I got away with not going on formal night was because a tender was hanging off the side of the ship - although captain was using same excuse...
              “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”

– Mark Twain
              myBlog | @alistairuk | flickr | youtube Views and opinions expressed are those of myself and not representative of any employer or other associated party.

Comment

So has anybody got anything else to add to the OPs question rather than ribbing each other? It was a sincere one and I gave my opinion, but that is only the view of what I have seen and what I know.

Comment

Working...
                X