Suggest an article!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggest an article!

I hope you're all finding our new article section useful!

We're looking for your suggestions regarding article topics. What would you like to see us write about?
    sigpic
    Hello! I'm Chris. I'm away a lot so I'm sorry if it takes me a while to reply to messages, but I promise I'll get back to everyone. If it's urgent, please email me directly at [email protected].

Need books, Flip Cards or chartwork instruments? Visit SailorShop.co.uk!

I know there is already one on what to take to sea, but how about something on what to expect getting to the ship (Flying, Agents,Joining etc.)?
    Flickr Twitter
    No man would go to sea if skilled enough to get himslef into prison, for a jail has more room , more honest company , and you are somewhat less likley to drown ( Dr. Samuel Johnson)

Comment

On it....
      I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.....

All posts here represent my own opinion and not that of my employer.

Comment

I've found this website to be somewhat useful, http://www.marineinsight.com/categor...e/life-at-sea/ , i think its Indian based.

there are a few articles about joining ship, boredome, what not to do. etc. , maybe if anyone disagrees or gets inspiration from one of these articles, one can be written for this website.

Comment

I've used the search function to find an equivilant thread, but perhaps an article on the specific maths aspiring cadets would need to revise prior to interview and/or maths tests and/or starting college. It seems a lot of posters just say 'oh, just GCSE maths', but seeing as I did my GCSEs 6 years ago and it took my 2 years to do them, thats quite a lot of content to cover and revise. So, yeah, perhaps something a little more specific to what you would be studying at college.

Ta muchly.
          "Crazy like wild wolves threatened by fire, send them all to the bottom of the sea."

Comment

Originally posted by Ducki52 View Post
            I've used the search function to find an equivilant thread, but perhaps an article on the specific maths aspiring cadets would need to revise prior to interview and/or maths tests and/or starting college. It seems a lot of posters just say 'oh, just GCSE maths', but seeing as I did my GCSEs 6 years ago and it took my 2 years to do them, thats quite a lot of content to cover and revise. So, yeah, perhaps something a little more specific to what you would be studying at college.
            For a deck cadet: algebra and trigonometry. I had thought integral and differential calculus played a part, but I can't find where, so it seems likely I misremembered. Simpson's rules are used, but IIRC you don't have to do any of the calculus yourself.

Comment

Working...
            X