This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The H
    started a topic Report your Faults Here!

Report your Faults Here!

Following a recent problem with the forum software that we have installed that was found my a member it was discovered that there is no easy way for you, the users, to get in touch with people that can sort it out.Please use this thread to post up and problems/glitches that you come across in your day-to-day viewing of the forum.

• YoungMariner
    replied
    The spamming gets worse and worse by the day. I know someone who runs an SEO company in the Philippines with over a hundred staff spamming forums and blogs. It's all with the aim of improving search engine ranking due to the algorithms in use with the likes of google, although I believe it's less effective then it used to be.

Leave a comment:

• Hatchorder
    replied
    The Muppet was evicted!

36 Posts all gone in the blink of an eye!

Thanks for reporting everyone.

Ian

Leave a comment:

• jacloc
    replied
    There is a report button, the triangle with a ! to the right of the 'thanks' button.

Leave a comment:

• Brendan
    replied
    Is there a report user button somewhere? I've looked for it several times and can't seem to located it. If not, you should really add one. There has recently been a compulsive spammer who could do with being banned.

Leave a comment:

• EH75
    replied
    Excellent. All working now. Cheers!

Leave a comment:

• CharlieDelta
    replied
    Thanks for your patience everyone.

Turns out the issues were because of a memory (RAM) shortage. I've upgraded the hosting to 2x what we already had so hopefully this sort of thing should stop happening.

Cheis

Leave a comment:

• Inland Pirate
    replied
    I have a database error, and it won't load post or threads on Tapatalk. This post is a bit of a shot in the dark

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Leave a comment:

• EH75
    replied
    I too am getting database errors again. So far only when I go to the "what's new?" option to view new posts.

Leave a comment:

• Midge
    replied
    Think there is a another problem getting the following happens on some of the tabs. Also an odd post from marvinor seems to be in a different language, martian at a guess.
    Database error
    The OfficerCadet.com database has encountered a problem.

Please try the following:
    • Load the page again by clicking the Refresh button in your web browser.
    • Open the www.officercadet.com home page, then try to open another page.
    • Click the Back button to try another link.
    The www.officercadet.com forum technical staff have been notified of the error, though you may contact them if the problem persists.
    We apologise for any inconvenience.

Leave a comment:

• EH75
    replied
    Nah seems to be working now. Cheers!

Leave a comment:

• CharlieDelta
    replied
    Hello! Did it the other day and just done again now. Still getting problems?

Leave a comment:

• EH75
    replied
    Originally posted by CharlieDelta View Post
    Thanks for letting me know, will run a repair on the database. Happens sometimes, particularly when we've been busy. The database tables start holding things in cache or something like that and it all just gums up.

Don't know if you had a chance to repair the database yet, but I've still been getting database errors every time I try to go into that thread. Just to let you know...

Leave a comment:

• Clanky
    replied
    Spam.

Leave a comment:

• Midge
    replied
    There is another odd post that's appeared under hello sailor no idea what it says not my language

Leave a comment:

Working...
X