Board oddness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Board oddness

everytime I log in I can see or not see lots of different bits of the forum, currently missing is the "Qualified Officers" or whatever you called it and some other bits and bobs, nothing serious just well odd!

and I know about odd let me tell you...you young whipper snappers.......

Btw OFF TOPIC anyone coming to sea with the seven pointy star, the Kinloss is a fun place to visit and we have given up eating cadets...I have a diet to get on before ENG1 time!
    Trust me I'm a Chief.

Views expressed by me are mine and mine alone.
    Yes I work for the big blue canoe company.
    No I do not report things from here to them as they are quite able to come and read this stuff for themselves.

Twitter:- @DeeChief

Re: Board oddness

Them techie types keep faffing about with it, seems to change every couple of days... I just shout if there's something I don't like and they make it better! I think it's Attention Deficit Disorder, they just can't stop poking!!!

Size4riggerboots

Blog tWitterings Flickr Tumblr Faceache

Comment

Thanks for pointing the above out. We are currently changing forums and grouping permissions so will check this for you.
      Forum Admin

Comment

Sounds like proper engineers in the making......... it's working fine, better take it apart quick and
        A) find out why,
        B) see if we can make it better some how and
        C) having managed that wondering what to do with all these left over parts that plainy where in there at the begining but arent now yet somehow it's still working ?!!!
        Trust me I'm a Chief.

No I do not report things from here to them as they are quite able to come and read this stuff for themselves.

Comment

Currently that forum and subforum is listed as not having any posts, and it is not visible to anyone at the mo.. this will be sorted.
          Forum Admin

Comment

No worries you have 65 days from May4th to sort it some of us have to go to work donchaknow :0

Oh and can we have a "Bits left over" Forum.. might be a nice any other business / off topic one.....Cos engineers always have bits left over, 2nds HATE that
            Trust me I'm a Chief.

Comment

Clearing things up

Right, to clear up any confusion, there has been some twiddling and tweaking here and there, which is a result of conversations amongst mods and admins.

General agreed principles are:
              1. Try and keep the number of sub-forums to as few as possible (not everyone has a 24" widescreen monitor!)
              2. Try and put posts in forums where they make most sense being (dodgy English there...!)
              3. Try and keep the permissions such that everyone feels relaxed about what they post (keeping guests out)

So this was a more significant shift than before, because there was a small relatively inactive forum with stuff in it that most of could happily go in one; and the rest happily in another.

So we've got a forum for things relevant to people who are trying to get into the MN; and one for things relevant to people who are already in.

The multimedia and blog things are sort of testing the water for things that could be done in future. It seems like people enjoy putting pics and youtubes up.

The Hello forum seems nice and active. Maybe a couple like the "links" and "guidelines" are surplus to requirements, but I sort of think of them as "placeholders" much like the news, blogs and multimedia bits.

So it's just been a spring clean with input from several people, not just me flying solo.
              I don't think this will be happening again for a long while... we just need to make sure the forum is active and doing what people want it to do... change is inevitable!

P.S. I certainly enjoy a bit of poking, but I regard this as more sort of "breaking in"... we need people to shout out when they like or dislike something... as Size4 and Steve have.

P.P.S. I left the name of the shifted forum the same "Invisible Questions" to try and minimise confusion...

P.P.P.S. The pub (forum) is the perfect place for leftovers
              Emeritus Admin & Founding Member

Comment

Originally posted by Chiefy
                some of us have to go to work donchaknow :0
                Some of us are supposed to be reading 167 pages of thesis and writing a literature review on it!!!
                :1:

Size4riggerboots

Blog tWitterings Flickr Tumblr Faceache

Comment

Working...
                X