Virus?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Virus?

Has the forum caught a virus? All the text is in a weird format where all the words have been translated into (what google tells me) is "owo language". Only seems to be on the desktop site, not mobile. I thought it was just me but its only happening on here and happens on my laptop and my phone (only if I put it in desktop mode).

I saw a post on the anonymous forum linking us to life insurance so maybe...

Comment

Happening on the mobile site as well now

Comment

Bizarre! Just looked at it using Waterfox and Edge and Waterfox shows it just fine, but Edge it goes all crap. Firefox on my phone is garbage as well.

Oh, it was me that deleted that stupid post from guest - but I never clicked on the link - so did not download or follow anything.
        "Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk." - Sir Francis Chichester.
        "Waves are not measured in feet or inches, they are measured in increments of fear." - Buzzy Trent

"Careers at Sea" Ambassador - Experience of General Cargo, Combo ships, Tanker, Product Carrier, Gas Carrier, Ro-Ro, Reefer Container, Anchor Handlers.

Comment

Thanks god others have noticed it. I thought I was losing it for a minute there lol

Comment

Hahahaha this is amusing! Makes us all look like idiots.

Comment

Can't even get on the forum using chrome/safari at the moment! Whenever I click on anything it just refreshes the homepage. Posting this through tapatalk on my phone which still seems to be working.... And no weird language through tapatalk either!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Comment

All,

Thanks for your patience.

We had an issue where some files were injected via FTP causing these problems.

The problem has been fixed and precautions taken.

The issue did not affect the database which remained secure throughout. There are no virus transmission hazards.

Sorry it took some time to repair, these things always happen at the worst times!

Chris
                sigpic
                Hello! I'm Chris. I'm away a lot so I'm sorry if it takes me a while to reply to messages, but I promise I'll get back to everyone. If it's urgent, please email me directly at christopher.doyle@officercadet.com.

Need books, Flip Cards or chartwork instruments? Visit SailorShop.co.uk!

Comment

Glad to hear you got it fixed CD! This site is the only one of its kind, so its rather valuable! I was missing it when it was down for a week!

Comment

A bittewsweet devewopment. i hope you bwing back the OwO text fiwtew fow speciaw occasions, it was weawwy cute >w<

At vewy weast, an admin shouwd owo-ify this thwead to pwesewve its context
                    Last edited by ok9yha; 6 days ago. Reason: showing some integrity

Comment

Working...
                    X