Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[COMPLETED] So you've almost qualified as an Officer.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [COMPLETED] So you've almost qualified as an Officer.

Would be good to have a forum about almost qualifying, or about to qualify, for information about your firs trip to sea, how to sort out your NI / Tax, pensions and anything else people can think of.

Re: [New Forum Idea] So you've almost qualified as an Office

It would, but we've been a bit wary of this... don't want to get told off for "offering financial advice".
    I know that you're only in trouble if you take money for it, but not knowing the law is no excuse, so... it stays within the realms of PMs at the moment. We can't afford lawyers to ask!

I think there have been some bits of info and spreadsheets passed about, but it's taken at your own risk ;p
    I think the real problem is what if someone got some "advice" off someone on the site, and it was wrong, and cost them money and grief, and then they got upset and came back complaining and stuff... could be awkward...
    Emeritus Admin & Founding Member

Comment

There was a forum like this the other day but it seems to have disapeared. Was it just a test or something?

Comment

It is available for all current officers, people can request to be added to this on an individual basis.
        Forum Admin

Comment

How would they know to request if it is not in the list of fora?

Comment

good point. So are there any othere hidden forums?

Comment

Members who are qualified officers belong to the "Qualified officers" group on the forum, as you may have noticed there are numerous 'groups' set up and most people have already subscribed themselves to the groups they want to belong too.

As for the qualified officers group people will be moved to this group by an admin once they have been identified as officers - alternatively you can request to join the group via the member control panel.

As for other 'hidden' forums, there are some forums that we use for moderating/admin purposes that only we can see.
              ?Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn?t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.?

? Mark Twain
              myBlog | @alistairuk | flickr | youtube Views and opinions expressed are those of myself and not representative of any employer or other associated party.

Comment

So I've set my status to "qualified Deck officer" (is it true?) and I still can't see the special clique/forum. Whose arse do I have to kiss?

Comment

PM the H as he is admin and the only one with the power to press the magic button
                  Trust me I'm a Chief.

Views expressed by me are mine and mine alone.
                  Yes I work for the big blue canoe company.
                  No I do not report things from here to them as they are quite able to come and read this stuff for themselves.

Twitter:- @DeeChief

Comment

Steve, I have just checked and you are part of the correct group..

Check here: viewforum.php?f=87
                    Forum Admin

Comment

Ah, I see. Thanks.

I think I was seeing it before, but did not realise that I was seeing it.

Comment

And we let you drive? ;0
                        Trust me I'm a Chief.

Views expressed by me are mine and mine alone.
                        Yes I work for the big blue canoe company.
                        No I do not report things from here to them as they are quite able to come and read this stuff for themselves.

Twitter:- @DeeChief

Comment

Working...
                        X