•  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chiefy
    replied
    Re: uniform question

ermmm what? Uniform shorts......I'll just pop down the alleyway and ask the old man......I dont do uniform (at all) I bring 1 pr black trousers, 1 short sleeve shirt with epaulettes and black shoes, in case any grown ups come for dinner, I tend to live in.....lemme see.....shorts (black cargo or blue M&S) and rugby top / tee-shirt...or boiler suit.....

I have a Full Deep Sea Uniform....I have worn it to both my weddings and a funeral and 2 naming ceremonies, and thats it, lives in Narnia and comes out for an airing every 5-7 years or so.

Capt has white shorts but on pilotage he tends not wear grown up trousers (long black) and uniform shirt.......

Leave a comment:

• Martyboy
    replied

I don't think Warsash is classed as Tropical these days mate

Leave a comment:

• MEJG
    replied

I've been wearing mine in the tropical south for 2 days... they give just the right amount of circulation

Leave a comment:

• Martyboy
    replied

Maersk also have the aforementioned white shorts............... Chiefy..... How often do they get aired

Leave a comment:

• penfold
    replied

Originally posted by Chiefy
    Depends what company.

On the borg, uniform is only worn during pilotage and thus plain black shoes, when deep sea, flip-flops / sandals will be fine...BUT NOT WITH SOCKS else the fashion police WILL be flown out and you WILL be shot at dawn
    Lesser offences include but not exclusive to; wearing white socks with the aforementioned black shoes and wearing those godawful shorts, white, tropical issued by CMT.

Leave a comment:

• Chiefy
    replied

Depends what company.

On the borg, uniform is only worn during pilotage and thus plain black shoes, when deep sea, flip-flops / sandals will be fine...BUT NOT WITH SOCKS else the fashion police WILL be flown out and you WILL be shot at dawn

Leave a comment:

• minchmermaid
    replied

On the bridge a plain black shoe will be fine.

Leave a comment:

• The H
    replied

Steaming bats I would have thought

Leave a comment:

Guest started a topic uniform question

uniform question

Good morning/evening avid readers,

I have long been a lurker here, and found the site very useful, as I am due to start at Shields on the 5th Sep.

My question to you is; what shoes will I need whilst on the bridge in my sea phases?, should they just be plain black leather shoes? or is a safety shoe a requirement?

Thank you for any help!
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x
x
Working...
X