X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hatchorder
    replied
    There will be no problem with either company. Complete, (and I do mean complete), a new application form for both. Send it in with a covering letter explaining why you are submitting another application and make sure you absolutely know that it is the right choice this time and also make sure you can explain that with confidence to the recruiter when they ask you why you have changed your mind.

Same with anyone going for an interview, you need to be able to explain things to the recruiter and convince them that you are the right person for the job. If you go in there thinking "why are they asking me this?" or "why do I have to tell you that?" then you will walk out without an offer. Let us not forget folks - recruiters are looking to invest ?50,000 or more in your training. Why would they give it to you if you do not convince them that it is safe to do so?

Same as filling out application forms. Think about it. If I was a recruiter and asked you to complete an application form and you sent it to me either incomplete, or partially filled out with a CV attached to it then I would throw it in the bin. Why? Because if you cannot do as I ask you when you are asking me for a job then sure as hell you will not do as I ask when you are employed.

Good luck.

Ian

Leave a comment:

• Smiley
    replied
    You could always apply to other companies for engineering. And then should you call Clyde and SSTG and request to change your application to engine.

I'm not sure if it's possible, but I don't think you should worry too much about looking indecisive. If you've decided you want to be an engineer, you need to be on the engineering course. You might end up needing to apply for January, with some companies. But don't worry about it. There's no point continuing to deck if you're sure it's not for you.

All the best.

Leave a comment:

• Unregistered
    Guest started a topic Stuck!

Stuck!

so I've applied to SSTG and Clyde Marine for their September 2015 intake (Deck), however a sudden change of heart has caused me to want to apply for engineer. Both courses interest me however I am more technically minded and believe the engine course and life style would suit me better.

is it possible to change? would it effect my application since I'm coming across as indecisive?

Lack of research is far from the problem, eagerness is. Although I think I could do either and would go with whatever I'm offered, I just feel now that id be far more suited for engine.

Any advice?

thanks,
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x
or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
x
x
Working...
X