Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do I have any other options than paying myself through?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do I have any other options than paying myself through?

Unfortunately I was disembarked from my ship recently ant the end of phase 4, company procedure is to dismiss me from the company because of this. I have completed my TRB and have all of my sea time. Do I have any other option than to pay myself through phase 5 which starts in January is would I get another sponsor?
    Thanks

Could you expand on the situation in which you were disembarked?

Size4riggerboots

Blog tWitterings Flickr Tumblr Faceache

Comment

Happened to someone I knew, he had to pay his way through the rest of his cadetship.

Comment

Which route are you doing? - how much longer before you can go for your orals etc?
        It can be done, a friend of mind did it after he resigned, but later regretted the decision.
        Not sure about the costs involved though. Can't imagine it will be cheap...
        Cruise ship Captain with experience on-board Passenger Vessels ranging from 5500-150000 GRT.

Comment

think there could be real difficulty with another sponsor due to smart funding, also depending on how many short courses you need its very expensive.
          phase 5 for PD included naest, gmdss, adv firefighting which weren't cheap.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
          Auto-Saved
          x
          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
          x
          or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
          x
          x
          Working...
          X