X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grades for september

hi
    I am currently doing my Alevel exams and I am finding them difficult to say the least. I know I will definitely get they UCAS points I need to get in but my grades wont be near the ones I was predicted. I have looked at all the entry level maths and can do it all competently. I was wondering though if my company will be annoyed or think I lied about my predicted grades to get an interview. what are peoples opinions on this? Could they cancel my sponsorship? I don't want to get off on the wrong foot with my company.
    Thankyou

I am sure that your school will back you up on your predicted grades. I imagine that so long as you meet the minimum requirements then your sponsoring company will be OK.

You never know, you might surprise yourself.
    Go out, do stuff

Comment

Feeling like I'm heading towards a similar position based on the physics exam today!

The academic side is only part of it, It's also about your character and mentality too. You could have A* in 5 subjects at A level, but if they don't think you're cut out for it, then they don't count for anything.

If you've demonstrated at your interview that you're not the sort to rewire electricals stood in a pool of water, then they'll know
      you're not brain dead!

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Inland Pirate View Post
        If you've demonstrated at your interview that you're not the sort to rewire electricals stood in a pool of water, then they'll know
        you're not brain dead!
        F**k why did nobody tell me this before I started on my quest to join the MN.

Comment

Feeling like I'm heading towards a similar position based on the physics exam today!

The academic side is only part of it, It's also about your character and mentality too. You could have A* in 5 subjects at A level, but if they don't think you're cut out for it, then they don't count for anything.

you're not brain dead!

Was your Physics exam AQA by any chance IP? Back on topic, I think you'll be ok if you've already got the UCAS points you need. And just remember that regardless of how badly you think the exams are going, everyone else is finding them just as tricky, and you never know how well/badly you will do until results day!

Good Luck with the rest of them

Comment

Feeling like I'm heading towards a similar position based on the physics exam today

By all account the exams this session have all been difficult, recommend you get rid of Gove! Can't help you with that one we have our own bunch of idiots to deal with, sadly Gove also impacts us here though.
            I heard the aqa physics first section had a number of questions from past papers in it?
            Anyway it's done now, move on to the next one.

Comment

OCR A unfortunately! Took too long on the first 2 questions and made a few silly mistakes in a rush, then got stuck down the wrong path on some of the more complicated ones!

They were asking for a lot of work for not a lot of marks in some places, which is quite frustrating when you're supposed to use the number of marks for a guide on the work quantity

Comment

Well as you might have guessed the AQA A paper was also horrid. We have to do a multiple choice paper and a written paper, multiple choice is always very hard (the questions that Midge was alluding to were in the multiple choice section, and one of the reused is possibly the hardest question they've ever asked imo.) The written paper was similar to what you said, seemingly lots of work for not many marks. At least we'll all do badly together!

Comment

I'd kill for multiple choice!!!

Comment

Don't panic about exams... As long as you've got the UCAS points in the bag, and have been successful at interview then you're laughing all the way to the gangplank. Once you arrive at the gangplank, it's anyone's guess as to what'll happen... Personally though, my guess is continued laugher, followed by chipping, painting and paperwork... Which will then by followed by the sudden realisation of exactly what you've got yourself into...

Predicted grades are possibly the most inaccurate things on the planet. I was predicted to get A's in physics and maths at A-level. Fat chance of that happening! Almost every college will tend to inflate them to make the college look "good"... So just relax!

You're not the only one who'd kill for multiple choice IP! My geology exam yesterday was a swine.. Two 25 markers plus the normal 10 pages of 5 mark questions. Spent two hours on the paper, ended up bashing out about 4,000 words on the 25 markers alone.
                    Pointy bit is the front, blunt bit is the back... Simples!

Will work for money/sea time.

Comment

OCR A unfortunately! Took too long on the first 2 questions and made a few silly mistakes in a rush, then got stuck down the wrong path on some of the more complicated ones!

They were asking for a lot of work for not a lot of marks in some places, which is quite frustrating when you're supposed to use the number of marks for a guide on the work quantity

OCR have been particularly bad this exam session by all accounts, and the timing has been an issue too, mine at home didn't do Physics or Maths, but the other one the cadet did, he finished them 2012 The scheme then was to raise the grade boundaries, and have restrictions re university places. First year of the 9000 fees, but they at least had Jan exams then. He came out of an English exam thinking complete failure, but he actually did better than he ever expected even if it had been a dream paper.
                      Anyway move on, if everyone is having same or similar problems the board will have lower grade boundaries.
                      Last edited by Midge; 11 June 2014, 07:19 PM. Reason: Spelling !

Comment

Believe me, whilst multiple choice sounds easy it is anything but (you might just have to take my word on that!)

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                        Auto-Saved
                        x
                        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                        x
                        or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
                        x
                        x
                        Working...
                        X