No announcement yet.

Sponsor Company

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sponsor Company

Well I recently found out who will be sponsoring me, not really that happy as it wasn't one of my top 3 choices. The company i'll be with is a small one, running only a few PSV vessels and i would rather be with a larger company and be on AHTS or DSV's.

Obviously I am thinking of the long run here. I assume that on PSV's your day rate is a lot lower than other offshore vessels?

Would it be possible to apply for to other company's once I get my ticket?

Re: Sponsor Company

Originally posted by trumpetbum
    Would it be possible to apply for to other company's once I get my ticket?
    yes - although there may be a tie in clause in your contract that requires you to work for your sponsor for a period of time once you qualify.
    “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”

– Mark Twain
    myBlog | @alistairuk | flickr | youtube Views and opinions expressed are those of myself and not representative of any employer or other associated party.

Comment

Re: Sponsor Company

Are you talking about PSV's as opposed to a standby vessel? Cause if you are being picky they are both technically offshore vessels. Also unless you are employed on a temporary contract, it's unlikely that you will get a day rate.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      x
      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
      x
      x
      Working...
      X