Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• College Testing

I am starting college in August and was told about random D&A testing at college and onboard throughout the cadetship. I am clear on the drug policy that a positive test results in instant dismissal, but for alcohol is it acceptable to have some left in your system? For example drinking a Friday and Saturday then having a test Monday morning.
    Also if a test were to come back alcohol positive for a Cadet 16-17 years would that have any effects in their cadetship etc as they are under 18?

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I am starting college in August and was told about random D&A testing at college and onboard throughout the cadetship. I am clear on the drug policy that a positive test results in instant dismissal, but for alcohol is it acceptable to have some left in your system? For example drinking a Friday and Saturday then having a test Monday morning.
    Also if a test were to come back alcohol positive for a Cadet 16-17 years would that have any effects in their cadetship etc as they are under 18?
    If you've been drinking on a Saturday you shouldn't have anything in your system by a Monday! If you do your well on your way to obliterating your liver.

As for being under age, it is illegal and well it would depend on the company but one would assume yes they would have a problem with it.

As for what limit they impose at college I have no idea - guess it probably is also company dependent.

If alcohol is allowed onboard it's normally set as "zero while on duty & same as UK drink drive limit when off duty" - different companies have varying policies including restrictions on drinking 4-6 hours before your duty.
    ?Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn?t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.?

? Mark Twain
    myBlog | @alistairuk | flickr | youtube Views and opinions expressed are those of myself and not representative of any employer or other associated party.

Comment

I would imagine if you had a D&A test during college time and it came back showing over the drink drive limit (for those 18+) you'd probably end up being spoken to about it. Never heard of anyone actually defining the limits exactly other than you shouldn't be savagely hungover/ still drunk in College....

Comment

Originally posted by Fox View Post
        I would imagine if you had a D&A test during college time and it came back showing over the drink drive limit (for those 18+) you'd probably end up being spoken to about it. Never heard of anyone actually defining the limits exactly other than you shouldn't be savagely hungover/ still drunk in College....
        Depending on amount you will get an official warning, classmate of mine did when he was caught out....

If under 18, you'll get a warning the first time. If caught again then out...

Oh, and you should take it a bit easy with the drink as well as we did have a lad in our intake with serious liver problems at 20!
        I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.....

All posts here represent my own opinion and not that of my employer.

Comment

Thanks for the info guys

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
          Auto-Saved
          x
          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
          x
          x
          Working...
          X