Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When do to hear back and what are they like?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When do to hear back and what are they like?

When would you hear back from Carisbrooke Shipping and can anybody inform me of what their previous expeiences have been like with Carisbrooke and James Fisher?

There types of crew/numbers?
    Ships
    Equipment
    Deployment

Many Thanks

I'm with carisbrooke, they interview in may time for sept and jan intakes. You will get a letter if offered an interview.

Eastern European, Russian, Philippine and cape verde. Dont be put off from what i hear they are all really nice guys nobody has had anything bad to say and they do employ some brits. Small 5000DWT vessles are 9 crew ranging up to about 19 crew on the big ones. Equipment... well what equipment if you have specific questions fire away. Ive been given my ship around the baltics and med this summer but they do go worldwide and deep sea.

J

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      When would you hear back from Carisbrooke Shipping and can anybody inform me of what their previous expeiences have been like with Carisbrooke and James Fisher?

There types of crew/numbers?
      Ships
      Equipment
      Deployment

Many Thanks

I had an interview with James Fisher last year. Interview process was my first one, pretty daunting and one that I had ill prepared for, but it was worth the long train ride up north and experience.

I had my interview and then I heard back from them around a week later by post informing me I had not passed the interview. Felt terribly let down, but was unsure about studying up north and really wanted to be in Warsash but onwards and upwards as they say!

I then managed to squeeze in an interview with CMT and have since accepted an offer from them to study at Warsash this coming September. They are a little slow in giving information out quickly but they do have a lot on their plate handling so many cadets. Anyway I hope that helps and indeed if you dont get an offer from them, then keep trying and dont lose faith.. Learn all the types of ships and of course about the company you are going to see in the event you have further interviews.

I do wish you luck with the previous two though and hope you have managed to pass.

Comment

Thank you very much, just wondering what the bridges are like on the ships?

Comment

They're modern like nearly every other company and working towards being paperless. Obviously due to the size of the ships they are no where near as big but everything you would expect from a ship built after 2006 (as most of them are) https://www.facebook.com/Carisbrooke...type=1&theater

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
          Auto-Saved
          x
          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
          x
          or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
          x
          x
          Working...
          X