Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cadetship Salaries

Hi I just wondered why information on salaries are so sensitive and unpublished and I wanted to know if anybody knew the training allowances for companies like BP, Shell, Maersk, Clyde etc.
    Thanks in advance

Probably because people would just pick the companies that pay the best

Comment

Originally posted by fungimala View Post
      Hi I just wondered why information on salaries are so sensitive and unpublished and I wanted to know if anybody knew the training allowances for companies like BP, Shell, Maersk, Clyde etc.
      Thanks in advance

http://www.officercadet.com/showthre...vey-2013/page3
      ?Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn?t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.?

? Mark Twain
      myBlog | @alistairuk | flickr | youtube Views and opinions expressed are those of myself and not representative of any employer or other associated party.

Comment

The pay for cadets is quite low, there are a few exceptions, the RFA and Anglo Eastern have excellent pay, I think SSTG used to have good pay but it was reduced because of a decrease in smart funding. Most people in my phase are left with about ?150 after halls payments, some have had their pay reduced because we started on the 3rd, not the 1st, and missed a week of college on the cadet development course (team building rubbish) which I think is wrong. Yes companies are paying for your exams, college etc, but you are still performing a service for them and need money to do enjoy and live with.

Comment

They docked you wages because of the CDC? I'm very surprised and interested to hear that. Starting on the 3rd fair enough but the CDC shouldn't affect it - speak to your class rep or class tutor about that because it sounds very wrong. I'm presuming you're in Fleetwood?
          'Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans'

Comment

After paying ?470 for so called "accommodation". Im not left with much each month after paying a phone bill, fuel for my car and the odd takeaway.
            Saltydog

Comment

I have to work weekends to supplement my SSTG wage.

Comment

Chris

Impressive system you have set up. Very interesting posts, I am looking forward to get "stuck"

Brgds
                Kuba

Comment

Great to have you onboard Kuba!!!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                  Auto-Saved
                  x
                  Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                  x
                  x
                  Working...
                  X