X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maersk Concerns

Hello everybody, I'm an aspiring engine cadet with maersk
    due to start college in September.

My question is are there any other maersk candidates that read this forum and how have you been getting
    on with the maersk crewing people?

So far I've had train tickets gone "missing" in the post enroute to me, claims
    from them that my passport photos hadn't been sent, even though I sent them in the same package as my eng1, which they have, turning up at hotel which they say they have booked me into, to find the booked had been cancelled weeks previous for no aparent reason and now changes in travel arrangements which I wasn't notified of and has led me to miss a coach and make my own way from stansted to Cambridge.

"oh we sent you an email"
    Er, no you didn't.

Now I realise these may seem a little trivial, and in isolation I could accept that these things happen. It is incredibly frustrating though, that those at fault can't just hold up their hands instead of passing the buck.

My worry is that this will be the norm, as I have encountered problems
    with nearly every correspondace with them, and I haven't even started college yet!

I would be interested to hear from any other prospective cadets to see how you are getting on with them.
    Possum

Re: Maersk Concerns

I believe theres a chief engineer on here who is with maersk, but I think he's still at sea atm.

Comment

You can PM me about it if you like, I can find you the info you require.
      Emeritus Admin & Founding Member

Comment

It will only get worse........ believe me!

Comment

would you like to expand on that???

Comment

Hrmmm, I haven't had any issues with Maersk.... Other than the fact they paid me my expenses claim twice...... Which I suppose is better than it not being paid at all. I notified them on a Thursday I needed digs and train tickets for London and they came through the post on Saturday morning which I thought was great. I was on the coach u were meant to be on....... Although my flight got in 2 hours before yours so I ended up in the bar and had plenty of time to get sorted but meh, thats just my experience with them.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
            Auto-Saved
            x
            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
            x
            x
            Working...
            X