Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• windstar cruises

I've had an interview recently for this firm, and I missed out a big area when I was asking questions. and just wanted to dig around a little for more 'unofficial' info. The position is for 3rd engineer.

I was just looking to find out about the social life and creature comforts onboard. I'm coming from commercial, so these are a bit of a factor in changing over to cruises!

Ie officer privileges: cabin steward, being allowed up on deck etc??

Officers can go for drinks in the pax bars in uniform, and occasionally get asked to host tables, theres a proper crew bar on the surf, but only a crew rec room on star and spirit, but there's still a few party nights, you'll get a steward too.

Size4riggerboots

Blog tWitterings Flickr Tumblr Faceache

Comment

Quite an interesting time for Windstar, they will be introducing the three older Seabourn sisters in the near future so the opportunity for promotion will be good I would think. The money is not great there and at the moment they seem to have quite a high turn-over of crew, but it seems like a good product.
      Cruise ship Captain with experience on-board Passenger Vessels ranging from 5500-150000 GRT.

Comment

Actually the position is for of the seabourne pride which will become star pride. The ship is to go for an 18 day refit in Barcelona. After speaking with the CE it certainly seems like a good outfit to me.

Comment

Thanks for the info guys. I've accepted the job and now finishing up my last trip in the north sea before jumping ship. Looking forward to swapping views of Aberdeen and oil rigs for marinas and yachts
          Last edited by lazygenius; 7 March 2014, 11:29 PM. Reason: 00:00 - 04:00 watch sloppiness

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
          Auto-Saved
          x
          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
          x
          x
          Working...
          X