X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carnival Uk interview

Hey,

Im Tegan. I do have an account but it wouldn't let me post. Here is my dilemma.

Today I had a phone call from Carnival saying that I am the first 16 year old they called to come to an interview. This has made me extremely nervous. I don't know what to expect. They said the maths test has A-level questions. Can anyone help out with those(what subjects)? I have no clue what to expect and how many other 16 year old carnival applicants are there?

Thanks guys!

Hi Tegan,

The bet advice that I can think of is to go along and enjoy the experience, but also to think seriously about A-Level choices. If Carnival have invited you for an interview then they have obviously seen something that they like, but if you don't have the maths ability that they require then they might suggest that you go and do A-Levels and then come back to them again afterwards. On the other hand they may snap you up, but best to be prepared.

Good luck.
    Go out, do stuff

Comment

I never got A level questions at my interview but they may have changed it, they just told me to revise off the BBC Bitesize website for the maths test. Like Clanky said just enjoy your self, if any thing, being their first 16 year old should make you proud, they get 100's of applications and only a few of them go on to interviews so chest out! Its a great day, everything's paid for and you may meet some future fellow cadets, so relax and try your best. There are a few young cadets with carnival i think most were 17 by the time they started in September for college, theirs only a few differences for under 18's and that's just silly things like working hours and curfews at college, nothing that will affect you becoming a officer

You should get a email as well telling you what tests to expect on the day? Unless its changed its a group exercise, a few aptitude tests (can't really revise for them), a maths test and then a interview.

Comment

Hi Tegan,
        I applied earlier today after speaking to Carnival at Fleetwood open day yesterday. I am 15 at the moment and will be 16 by the time I hopefully start. How long ago did you apply or how long did they take to acknowledge your application and call you?
        Hopefully see you at the assessment day soon

Comment

Hey,
          I applied three weeks before I heard anything back. But I think I got a reply earlier than normal because I was hounding the companies, to find out about where my application was I processing. People say 16 yr olds have no chance with carnival don't listen because it just depends on your qualifications and the first interview date is the 26 of this month but I think yor to late for that as they only interview right cadets each time.

Cheers Tegan

Comment

Thanks. Yeah lots of people say Carnival don't take 16 year olds, but after speaking to them on Saturday I can confirm they defiantly do and as you have said its about your qualifications. Really hope I get a chance with Carnival as they're my number 1 company. Let me know how you get on with your interview, good luck

Comment

Yeh I will do but before I have an interview I have to do a maths and aptitude test first. Feeling nervous now :/

Comment

Yeah, then a team building task apparently? I dont think its too hard, just GCSE maths questions, which you will do fine at

Comment

Oh no I can't build:/ and thanks I hope so

Comment

It's not like building as in building a house, it's 'team building' as in interacting with people and working well as a group ahah.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                    Auto-Saved
                    x
                    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                    x
                    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
                    x
                    x
                    Working...
                    X