Originally posted by flyboy
    thanks.

whats the 1x2pce MN uniform?
    The 2 pieces are the Jacket and Trousers
    thanks because I didnt even know that

Comment

Re: Does SSTG pay for uniform?

Originally posted by irishbhoy
      I was given a unifrom list from CMA CGM, and was told to get it from SM Bass. The final cost came to ?450. thankfully they are going to cover the costs
      Any idea when it will be reimbursed?

Comment

they said when I start the course in september.

Comment

Hate to dig this up, but looking at the list made me think of a few questions:

- the "2pce MN uniform?", is that this type of jacket (with cadet rank) and trousers?

- the blue working uniform, is that this type of shirt/trousers?

Just wondered really if these were the right type of items they would expect

Schancky

Comment

white shirt and black trousers are most important,, along with shoes! you get your re-imbursment a week or two after you send off the receipts, like said above, tie and epaulettes are provided by SSTG, boiler suits and safety shoes might be provided by your company, depending who you are with
            Life at sea is a life for me

Comment

The top one is the 2pc MN uniform Although there is no embroidery on the arms , there are however Epaulettes that connect to the breast of the jacket.
              Maybe I will never be
              All the things that I want to be
              But now is not the time to cry
              Now's the time to find out why

Comment

I don't think you have to send the receipts off any more, for my phase it was just a straight 100 pound, maybe 3-4 weeks into the course, paid directly into my bank account, and another guy on my phase said he got it first.

Seems to be a few companies that supply all of the uniform though, so not sure if that affects whether the sstg still give the automatic hundred pound allowance, but it doesn't seem to.

Comment

Well if your uniform comes to over ?100 send your Receipts in , Many folk got the ?100pound of sstg plug the reciepts they handed in
                  Maybe I will never be
                  All the things that I want to be
                  But now is not the time to cry
                  Now's the time to find out why

Comment

I think things are a little bit different now, at least for me with Gardline & SSTG. They said they'll pay me ?100 in the first week of the course, but I have a list of things I need to buy before the start of the course. I got a few things off Ebay so far but I'm still shopping around for some of it. Warsash engineer cadets, any colour overalls are really okay? They've told me to buy white or company ones, but if I'm okay with blue or something then I can get cheaper/better overalls a lot more easily..

Comment

Originally posted by onara View Post
                      I think things are a little bit different now, at least for me with Gardline & SSTG. They said they'll pay me ?100 in the first week of the course, but I have a list of things I need to buy before the start of the course. I got a few things off Ebay so far but I'm still shopping around for some of it. Warsash engineer cadets, any colour overalls are really okay? They've told me to buy white or company ones, but if I'm okay with blue or something then I can get cheaper/better overalls a lot more easily..
                      Any overalls are fine really, Warsash might have different policies on it from other colleges, but as far as SSTG goes any is fine, its not like they come into your workshop class and do a dress code check
                      Life at sea is a life for me

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                      Auto-Saved
                      x
                      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                      x
                      or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
                      x
                      x
                      Working...
                      X