•  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cadetship without a sponsorship

hi all
    title says it all really
    i was just wondering if this posibble or not? if i go to college and pay the course myself and sort out my own sea time as a self sponsor cadet? anyone knows anybody has ever done that ? any help is welcome thanks

In theory it is possible, but in practice the cost is highly prohibitive, and the chances of arranging sea-time yourself, I would guess, is very low. Most companies aren't exactly flush with cadet berths to begin with, let alone take on 'outsiders'.

Have you had a lot of rejections from sponsoring companies?

Comment

Hmm - I know one guy who started with a big company, resigned and then came back to complete the course himself, but generally unusual for new entry cadets - it does happen for ratings looking to upgrade their tickets.

HOWEVER - given the cost and general hassle, you would be much better off working on the things that are preventing you getting a cadetship with a sponsor rather than do this, if you really want to look into it, speak with the Marine Society, they will have more info on it.
      Cruise ship Captain with experience on-board Passenger Vessels ranging from 5500-150000 GRT.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      x
      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
      x
      or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
      x
      x
      Working...
      X