Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting out of return of service

I have a friend who had some bad experiences with a certain huge multi brand owning company and just wanted to leave. How solid is the return of service agreement legally when they are employed through one of these "manning agencies"? Anyone have any experience.

Can be tricky, best thing is to try and negotiate an early release with the company, sometimes they will just let you go.
    Failing that I know of several people who have just walked and not been pursued, often it is not worth the companies time and legal expenses to chase the issue.
    If they are making really nasty noises you can say, OK - well I can't pay you back right away because I don't have a job to go to, but I will pay you back 10 quid a month until the end of time - this would be difficult for them to refuse and even if it went to court the court would probably be agreeable to a plan along those lines anyway (but I don't know of ANY case that has gone to court) -a day in court would cost the company more than your training I suspect.
    Cruise ship Captain with experience on-board Passenger Vessels ranging from 5500-150000 GRT.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
    x
    x
    Working...
    X