Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drug Tests

Okay first off I know this seems like I am a user of drugs as of the nature of the topic, however I'm simply asking how often do us cadets get drug tested (urine sample) whilst at college etc? Just wish to know, thanks in advance.

Anoymous as stated above..

It's random, that's the whole point. Just don't do it.
    Go out, do stuff

Comment

Depends on who you work for. I have never been drugs tested.

Comment

Don't use drugs then you've nothing to worry about. Pretty simple really.

Comment

I've never been tested at college but have been tested once on board.

Comment

During my cadetship I was tested twice and as an officer only ever at my annual company medical. I am not saying that you are doing drugs (seriously who cares - you are a big boy or girl) but you can google how long certain drugs will be in your system if you are concerned about it.

Comment

I was tested for drugs in my first 7 weeks of being employed by my sponsor company, as others have said it's totally random so just don't do it.
              'Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans'

Comment

they are called RANDOM Drug and Alcohol tests because..........................?
                Trust me I'm a Chief.

Views expressed by me are mine and mine alone.
                Yes I work for the big blue canoe company.
                No I do not report things from here to them as they are quite able to come and read this stuff for themselves.

Twitter:- @DeeChief

Comment

They are random at sea with Borg, at college they tend to stay away unless people are turning up hammered for lessons etc I recall a story about some underage people at one of the colleges who were coming in a bit tipsy

Comment

Originally posted by Blondie View Post
                    I was tested for drugs in my first 7 weeks of being employed by my sponsor company,
                    Was that a 'random' appearance by Concateno (Medscreen) or is a test at BRNC now part of the routine?

Comment

When I started my cadetship in 2000 all the Clyde marine cadets were tested on their first day at college. A week later a few sacked immediately. We were never tested again.

Comment

Can criminal charges not be brought against someone under the influence of drink or drugs on a ship?

I think yacht owners are now subject to the same dink-drive laws as motorists, so if someone on a ship is found to be under the influence of drink or a drug could this be reported to the police and result in a criminal prosecution on top of just a sacking?

Comment

Originally posted by pignutpilot View Post
                          Can criminal charges not be brought against someone under the influence of drink or drugs on a ship?

I think yacht owners are now subject to the same dink-drive laws as motorists, so if someone on a ship is found to be under the influence of drink or a drug could this be reported to the police and result in a criminal prosecution on top of just a sacking?
                          Yes. Rail and Marine transport act I think it was. It'll be in the MAIB report about Muppet who crashed into the Stena ferry in Northern Island

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
                          I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.....

All posts here represent my own opinion and not that of my employer.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                          Auto-Saved
                          x
                          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                          x
                          or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
                          x
                          x
                          Working...
                          X