X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• College holidays

Hello,

I am an aspeing deck cadet, I am wondering about sea phases/college phases and summer holidays.

Firstly if I started in January/February and the college phase is 21 weeks, do cadets get summer holidays and half terms as such or do these not apply now? I am just wondering as I have an interview lined up to start end of Jan/start of Feb.

No, your summer holidays will be spent at sea if you start January/February. If you are at college your holidays that you will get will be the major ones like the christmas period and easter. You will not get half terms (well you don't at South Tyneside).
    Phase 2 Cadet
    Evergreen Marine (UK) Ltd.
    South Shields Marine School

Comment

Originally posted by Shipahoy View Post
      No, your summer holidays will be spent at sea if you start January/February. If you are at college your holidays that you will get will be the major ones like the christmas period and easter. You will not get half terms (well you don't at South Tyneside).
      Unless your whizzing through the course at STC like we were this year and got a week off at half term for being so awesome

I've attached STC's HND planner thing, It's based around the Sept intake but the holidays and phase lengths will be the same length for the Jan intake, and while all colleges are slightly different on phase lengths it'll give you a rough idea
      Attached Files

Comment

You dont get any planned holidays i'm afraid, if at college over Christmas you do get a two week holiday but no other such terms, you do normally get time off between college and sea phase but you wont know when it is till you get your ship, everyone different and some people are unlucky and get none. Last year i joined ship straight away and had a month at the end of it, this time i get two months off before joining then two weeks off before going back to college. So it varies

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        x
        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
        x
        x
        Working...
        X