No announcement yet.

Student grants

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Student grants

In this case it seems terribly unfair that those on the FD course are eligible when the courses are effectively the same length, have broadly the same content and the end result is the same.

I'm not in terrible need of the finance available, as my sponsorship payments and so on will cover my costs, but it's a matter of principle really and would save me some money on credit card interest.
    sigpic
    Hello! I'm Chris. I'm away a lot so I'm sorry if it takes me a while to reply to messages, but I promise I'll get back to everyone. If it's urgent, please email me directly at christopher.doyle@officercadet.com.

Need books, Flip Cards or chartwork instruments? Visit SailorShop.co.uk!

Comment

I fully agree, personally i'm ok with my sponsorship and savings but there are many who are unaware that they will not receive funding in the first phase.

It would be good to hear if its the same for all colleges.

If you look on the UCAS codes for cadetships (HNC/D) then it does state that it is a 2 year course (at STC).

Comment

HND Marine Engineering at STC is a 3 year sandwich course according to UCAS...
        sigpic
        Hello! I'm Chris. I'm away a lot so I'm sorry if it takes me a while to reply to messages, but I promise I'll get back to everyone. If it's urgent, please email me directly at christopher.doyle@officercadet.com.

Comment

It is but the UCAS code the college give you shows it as being a 2 year HND/C cadetship.
          I'll try dig out the code they gave me.

Comment

this was the code i was given, MO171B

Comment

WMA is down as 3 year HND...

I'll wait to see what Warsash say...
              sigpic

Comment

You are entirely right, looking at that it seems that cadets at Warsash may be entitled to finance but not at STC. Surely this can't be right as they are the same course leading to the same qualification.

Comment

Hopefully all will be revealed on Monday...
                  sigpic

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                  Auto-Saved
                  x
                  Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                  x
                  x
                  Working...
                  X