Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maersk supply service

I am putting this in anonymous section since i am asking information about a company and i am not so sure if that is ok or not, or whenever other people would write something about it with their profiles.

I am studying in the bulgarian maritime academy and have finished my first 6 month sea phase and i ll need another one soon, my first sea phase was ok though i would prefer to work for a bigger and more professional company like Maersk for various reasons.

Anyone worked there? i am interested in their supply service since it seems to be full of dp vessels and i am interested in getting in their dp vessels
    1)Any information about the Maersk supply service would be appreciated.

2)My second question is, apparently in their official site they tell you to send your CV in their office of your country but there is no such office in Bulgaria. Do they hire people outside the countries that have such offices?
    Should i send my cv to the UK office, since i can fly there for an interview if needed?

3)Do they have any dp programs for those who might like to continue with Maersk? Personally i wouldnt mind moving to UK to follow these courses after i graduate my academy which means after i serve as a deck cadet in hopefully some of Maersk's dp vessel(and also finish the last year of the academy after that)

Hi

I would suggest the Romania office would be your safest bet :http://www.maersksupplyservice.com/A...acancies2.aspx

Maersk Supply are pretty much like the other big supply companies, mixture of anchor handlers / rig supply etc different to deep sea with more hands on work and shiphandling

You can only get your DP certificates once you are qualified and often its hard to get the experience and be on a DP ship unless you have done a cadetship with them or you get lucky. (bit of a catch 22) but worth submitting your application to them anyway.

I assume what would happen if they offered you a job is that they would put you through the courses in Denmark and you would be based out of your home country.

Cheers
    Pilotage - It's just a controlled allision

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
    x
    x
    Working...
    X