Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the best sponsoring company?

The top 10? From 1 -10? Just curious to see what people think!

Didn't wish to post on personal account as I am rather active with an already decent company..

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    The top 10? From 1 -10? Just curious to see what people think!

Didn't wish to post on personal account as I am rather active with an already decent company..
    I think this sort of thing should be avoided to be honest. Tis a quick way to have CD's inbox filled with complaints....
    I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.....

All posts here represent my own opinion and not that of my employer.

Comment

Surely this all depends on you as a person... A cruise company would be my worst nightmare but lots of other people would put a cruise company at number one. Plus even in the "best" company you can get a ship were none of the Officers really give one about your training so it's all swings and round-a-bouts.

Comment

Originally posted by Fox View Post
        Surely this all depends on you as a person... A cruise company would be my worst nightmare but lots of other people would put a cruise company at number one. Plus even in the "best" company you can get a ship were none of the Officers really give one about your training so it's all swings and round-a-bouts.
        Aye, I should have been a bit clearer. To do it by sector within the industry is fine (e.g. Tankers, Cruise, AHTS, etc), but I would avoid naming companies as they may not take that too well and we do have a really good relationship with them at the minute.
        I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.....

All posts here represent my own opinion and not that of my employer.

Comment

To be honest guys I moderated this post and allowed it. My first response was "No way I will answer that - it is a personal thing to each and every one of us" - but I allowed it thinking others may have a different opinion and say something different. I guess not.

Hopefully the OP will realise that the original question is like "how long is a piece of string". Personally I loved the North Sea on Anchor Handlers and would choose it over any other - right up to the point of having one bad trip and an accident that nearly cost my life. Then all of a sudden I had a yearning for being on a reefer box boat running to New Zealand doing six month double headers!!

The one ship you could not drag me on though was passenger ships! The only moaning of the cargo I could deal with was that from bottle screws (turnbuckles) and Spanish windlasses!

The same goes for companies - some will prefer one approach to another, Those that love the Borg and will be assimilated may hate the idea of being with BP and vice-versa.

Ian
          "Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk." - Sir Francis Chichester.
          "Waves are not measured in feet or inches, they are measured in increments of fear." - Buzzy Trent

"Careers at Sea" Ambassador - Experience of General Cargo, Combo ships, Tanker, Product Carrier, Gas Carrier, Ro-Ro, Reefer Container, Anchor Handlers.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
          Auto-Saved
          x
          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
          x
          or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
          x
          x
          Working...
          X