X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ETwhat?
    replied
    It will be easier on cruise ships and ferrys as they will have more food options available, where as a tanker, cargo it may be a case of not having what ever the main meal is you will probably be able to get a work around for it so your not hungry but it may not be great depends on the cook.

talk to the company and make sure they know it wont affect an eng1 but on some ships may make life less pleasant

sailed with a guy who was lactose intolerant he carried his own supply of lactose free milk and when that ran out had water on his cereal in the mornings and there were dishes that he couldn't eat because of the milk content, he always had something but wasn't the best.

Leave a comment:

• brianbadonday
    replied
    I know it's diet controlled but that is the concern, am I able to work on ships if somebody else controls my diet?

Leave a comment:

• Hatchorder
    replied
    I have sent you a PM.

Leave a comment:

• GuinnessMan
    replied
    Originally posted by brianbadonday View Post
    Hello all,

I am a phase 5 cadet and have just been diagnosed with a gluten intolerance. Do I need to get a new ENG1 and can I still work on ships?

edit: not sure which forum to place this in so I just put it here
    Not a clue, I can't see it being a problem as it's diet controlled (?), but best calling the doctor that issued you ENG1 and ask them...

Leave a comment:

• brianbadonday
    started a topic food intolerance

food intolerance

Hello all,

I am a phase 5 cadet and have just been diagnosed with a gluten intolerance. Do I need to get a new ENG1 and can I still work on ships?

edit: not sure which forum to place this in so I just put it here
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x
or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
x
x
Working...
X