X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• food intolerance

Hello all,

I am a phase 5 cadet and have just been diagnosed with a gluten intolerance. Do I need to get a new ENG1 and can I still work on ships?

edit: not sure which forum to place this in so I just put it here

Originally posted by brianbadonday View Post
    Hello all,

I am a phase 5 cadet and have just been diagnosed with a gluten intolerance. Do I need to get a new ENG1 and can I still work on ships?

edit: not sure which forum to place this in so I just put it here
    Not a clue, I can't see it being a problem as it's diet controlled (?), but best calling the doctor that issued you ENG1 and ask them...
    I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.....

All posts here represent my own opinion and not that of my employer.

Comment

I have sent you a PM.
      "Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk." - Sir Francis Chichester.
      "Waves are not measured in feet or inches, they are measured in increments of fear." - Buzzy Trent

"Careers at Sea" Ambassador - Experience of General Cargo, Combo ships, Tanker, Product Carrier, Gas Carrier, Ro-Ro, Reefer Container, Anchor Handlers.

Comment

I know it's diet controlled but that is the concern, am I able to work on ships if somebody else controls my diet?

Comment

It will be easier on cruise ships and ferrys as they will have more food options available, where as a tanker, cargo it may be a case of not having what ever the main meal is you will probably be able to get a work around for it so your not hungry but it may not be great depends on the cook.

talk to the company and make sure they know it wont affect an eng1 but on some ships may make life less pleasant

sailed with a guy who was lactose intolerant he carried his own supply of lactose free milk and when that ran out had water on his cereal in the mornings and there were dishes that he couldn't eat because of the milk content, he always had something but wasn't the best.
          you can take it with a pinch of salt, but i prefer it with a nip of whisky

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
          Auto-Saved
          x
          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
          x
          or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
          x
          x
          Working...
          X