Too Late?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Too Late?

Is it too late to apply for this coming Septembers intake? Are there any companies still open (decent ones)

Re: Too Late?

Many companies say they are recruiting right up till the end of August. I would advise you get in touch with as many as possible, say you're really interested and see if they'll give you an interview

To boldly go.....
    Forum Administrator
    OfficerCadet.com

Comment

I applied for the jan intake in Nov and got offered a place within 2 weeks, I was dam lucky tho, but it can't hurt to try!!

Size4riggerboots

Blog tWitterings Flickr Tumblr Faceache

Comment

Any particular companies anyone would suggest? Is it worth hitting SSTG and Clyde so late?

Comment

It's probaly worth checking with everyone, just a quick email or phone call to check if they're still taking applications before filling out the forms.
          sigpic
          Hello! I'm Chris. I'm away a lot so I'm sorry if it takes me a while to reply to messages, but I promise I'll get back to everyone. If it's urgent, please email me directly at christopher.doyle@officercadet.com.

Need books, Flip Cards or chartwork instruments? Visit SailorShop.co.uk!

Comment

Have you got a stonking letter and CV? Send em out to the smaller companies like Chiltern, they seem to be better at replying.

Size4riggerboots

Blog tWitterings Flickr Tumblr Faceache

Comment

I know Clyde Marine have stopped interviewing for September intake, but when I went for my SSTG interview there weren't many spaces left, and that was back a few months ago.

Comment

I'm sure I read on the SSTG website just before they updated it a couple of weeks ago that they had stopped interviewing people for Sept. I might be wrong though.

Comment

Try Viking, they got back to me about 2 weeks ago asking if I was still interested, so I guess they're probably needing some more cadets.
                  "Did I tell you about my theory about sailors? Sailors are the finest people in the world."

Comment

I think that's just a turn of phrase dear... the HR staff of some of these organisations tend to have a limited repertoire.
                    Emeritus Admin & Founding Member

Comment

I got lucky with Trinity. I'd give them a go if I were you.

You just need to send them a detailed profile, they'll cover the rest in an inital phone call from Chiltern and then the follow up interview.

Chris
                      Former TH cadet with experience of cruise ships, buoy tenders, research ships and oil tankers

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                      Auto-Saved
                      x
                      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                      x
                      x
                      Working...
                      X