Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Failed Cadets

I had to drop out my cadetship with Clyde Marine due to poor health 3 years ago, now fully recovered and trying to get back into the industry, just wondered if anyone on here has previously dropped out due to similar reasons and been picked up by another company?

Cheers!

This is not unheard of but it isn't common either
    I am not afraid of storms, for I am learning how to sail my ship!!

Comment

It has been done , but you better have a good story ready for why you should be picked again after failing.

The whole SMaRT funding dilemma will no doubt come up.

Comment

Originally posted by bobofinga View Post

The whole SMaRT funding dilemma will no doubt come up.

I didn't even think about that! Then you better have a really good reason to be picked.
        I am not afraid of storms, for I am learning how to sail my ship!!

Comment

If you dropped out due to ill health and this was well communicated at the time, I would strongly suggest getting back in touch with your training manger at Clyde Marine and discussing the options with them.
          Cruise ship Captain with experience on-board Passenger Vessels ranging from 5500-150000 GRT.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
            I had to drop out my cadetship with Clyde Marine due to poor health 3 years ago, now fully recovered and trying to get back into the industry, just wondered if anyone on here has previously dropped out due to similar reasons and been picked up by another company?

Cheers!
            It will also depend on what ill health you suffered from was and whether you're able to get an up to date ENG1. I'd look into getting the ENG1 first...
            I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.....

All posts here represent my own opinion and not that of my employer.

Comment

Thanks guys for the responses,

I now have a valid ENG1, so hopefully that will help. Applied to SSTG a while ago but no response, so Ill assume that one is a no-go!

Comment

I would chase the application up and ask them, if it's a no they should be able to give you feedback.

Comment

I dropped out of a cadetship a few years ago for family reasons. It took me 18 months to get back on a cadetship, with quite a few rejections. I'm currently training with the RFA, if you there's any advice I can give you feel free to drop me a PM.

Comment

A friend during my cadetship bailed out for personal reasons in phase 3 and managed to get picked up by RFA about 5 years later so it can be done and it would seem from the above that RFA maybe more inclined to look at each case on its merits. Good luck!
                    Pilotage - It's just a controlled allision

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                    Auto-Saved
                    x
                    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                    x
                    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
                    x
                    x
                    Working...
                    X