Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• makes me wonder???

Just reading some comments on here. How do some of these people even get through the interview stage never mind get offered a place?????

And the point in this is?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 4

Comment

What do you mean?

Sent from the Batcave via carrier pigeon....
      I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.....

All posts here represent my own opinion and not that of my employer.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        Just reading some comments on here. How do some of these people even get through the interview stage never mind get offered a place?????
        Any particular sort of comment so we can understand what context you mean?
        Pilotage - It's just a controlled allision

Comment

Consider that the age group of those involved ranges from as low as their teens who may have never seen a ship in their life, that of course some of the questions will be odd at times, but at least they are hear asking questions. When the cadetship is so competitive that some of the readers and poster may never get an opportunity to sail at sea sadly.

Comment

I remember a lecturer sat us down and said " Instead of today's lesson, ask me questions about the ship" and no one had a question...... So after some blank expressions he asked " Does anyone know how the laundry works on a ship, do you know how the watch system works" etc and our class was about 2 months into the first phase of our cadet ship and we didn't know the 8-12 was usually the 3rd mates watch etc etc......... I guess these people you refer to are young, excited and probably just as clueless as we were when we started out

Comment

Whilst I don't think most of the stuff that gets asked on here is THAT bad, I do remember some of the characters that were in our class in phase one and wondering how on earth they managed to get through the interview. Most of them didn't last very long!

Comment

"Is their a pool table on board?" haha

Comment

What makes me wonder, is how someone can come along and make a comment like the OP did and not back it up in any way....
                  I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.....

All posts here represent my own opinion and not that of my employer.

Comment

Originally posted by GuinnessMan View Post
                    What makes me wonder, is how someone can come along and make a comment like the OP did and not back it up in any way....
                    Maybe this was a clever ploy to start another stupid questions thread

Comment

Someone jealous if they got passed over and see themselves as better than some that got in??

Comment

Originally posted by GuinnessMan View Post
                        Welcome to the internet

Comment

Originally posted by Martyboy View Post
                          "Is their a pool table on board?" haha
                          I'm going to blow your brain now - "YES" - we had a snooker table in the Officers bar............

Now you are just dying to know "HOW"- aren't you?
                          "Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk." - Sir Francis Chichester.
                          "Waves are not measured in feet or inches, they are measured in increments of fear." - Buzzy Trent

"Careers at Sea" Ambassador - Experience of General Cargo, Combo ships, Tanker, Product Carrier, Gas Carrier, Ro-Ro, Reefer Container, Anchor Handlers.

Comment

Watching the Paul Merton travel program on channel 5 the other night and there was a few pool tables in the officers area. He was on one of the big Royal Carribean cruise ships so I guess they don't move about as much so it would be a lot more useable.

Comment

I've been on a cruise ship in the past that had a few tables in the bars and they were on some kinda hydraulic contraption that negated any movement.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
                              x
                              x
                              Working...
                              X