Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Girlfriends

I realise this may be a stupid question, but I'm asking anyway.

How is a guy meant to find a girlfriend (if he hasn't already) on a College course which has no girls on it? If he doesn't like to party or go to clubs its nigh on impossible I would imagine.

Plus, when you leave College, there's not really much time for meeting people is there?

I hope this isn't too much of a stupid question but its something that bugs me and probably a lot of other guys (and girls) too.

Welcome to life at sea
    ?Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn?t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.?

? Mark Twain
    myBlog | @alistairuk | flickr | youtube Views and opinions expressed are those of myself and not representative of any employer or other associated party.

Comment

Depending on what college your at............... I know in South Shields you can hardly get moving for beauty therapists and hair dressers

Comment

Well I met my partner at sea... it's not always simple but we make it work.. there's other ways to meet people without being drunk...

Comment

What Laura said^^^
          Pilotage - It's just a controlled allision

Comment

What's meant to be is meant to be. I'm a big believer in fate so it will happen when it's meant to. Concentrate on your college work and go out and have a laugh with your mates. Plenty of time for girls later. Unless your, 40 in that case your doomed

Comment

Hi mate,

lots of my friends who work at sea dont have girlfriends and lots of them do find it hard to meet women and if they do they find it hard to make a relationship in the sort time they have off before disappearing for 3 months or 6 weeks. however, there's many other places to meet your partner other than clubs and bars. what about through other social things you do like sports clubs or through friends, before i met my fiancee my sister tried to match me up with a few of her mates and i also met people through friends, going round to there house whilst they had other friends there or going out for meals or for a 'quiet' drink with mates, you dont have to go out and get hammered!

Also, lots of the lads i work with now who have been at sea for years using dating websites, many people still have some weird view of these, that they're for sad people but there actually a lot more common than you think, many people these days work so hard that they don't have the time to go out and meet people so that's the best way to find someone and quite a few of them have found there wives or girlfriends using these.

good luck and happy hunting! =]

Comment

Thanks for all the replies. Unfortunately most of my friends are absolutely useless in that sector just like myself. I think I wouldn't be so worried if I had actually had a girlfriend before, unfortunately, as I haven't it makes me a bit more worried than other people, which is probably understandable.

Comment

Work on cruise ships, you'll find a girlfriend quickly. Otherwise use that website that someone was talking about recently, uniform dates???
                  You can meet people at coffee shops, live music events, hobby/sport groups etc, you need to put the effort in though. Seriously, I know a lot of women who would just be happy to meet a nice, good guy who has a sense of responsibility and works for a living, admittedly most of those women are in their late twenties or early thirties by the time they reach they realise that.

Comment

Don't worry about it overly much, I only started going out with my current girlfriend a few weeks ago, and that came completely out of the blue!! I have known her for many years as someone I occasionally met at festivals (folk/trad for me mind!!), but then we ended up staying in a mutual friends house in Stonehaven for a weekend, and something just clicked!!

Don't panic about meeting someone at college or any other specific time/place, and remember leaving college without a girlfriend is not the end of the world, as you will be in a well paid job with good time off, so finding and affording new hobbies is perfectly do-able, hence bettering chances of meeting someone!!

Comment

It helps if, like me, your a godamn sexual tyrannosaurus.

Now being serious: Relationships from a boozy night normally don't go too well in my experience, much better off finding someone you actually like after talking to them.

There's no deadline on your age to find a partner, keep yourself active socially and one day they'll appear right infront of you!

And as said above, don't be afraid of dating websites. After a string of bad relationships I used one but did feel odd about it. I brought it up in the pub and turns out most of my mates were on the same one! None of us knew each other was on there before then! It's not just desperate weirdos on their either (apart from me), there's heaps of people on there who you definitely would not say no to.

Plus there is loads of nutters which does add some comedy value with some of the crap that gets sent to you.
                      It was like that when I got here.

Comment

Originally posted by chris123321 View Post
                        It helps if, like me, your a godamn sexual tyrannosaurus.

Now being serious: Relationships from a boozy night normally don't go too well in my experience, much better off finding someone you actually like after talking to them.

There's no deadline on your age to find a partner, keep yourself active socially and one day they'll appear right infront of you!

And as said above, don't be afraid of dating websites. After a string of bad relationships I used one but did feel odd about it. I brought it up in the pub and turns out most of my mates were on the same one! None of us knew each other was on there before then! It's not just desperate weirdos on their either (apart from me), there's heaps of people on there who you definitely would not say no to.

Plus there is loads of nutters which does add some comedy value with some of the crap that gets sent to you.
                        I don't even know where to begin, I mean, I'm fecking speechless.....

(in a good way)
                        I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.....

All posts here represent my own opinion and not that of my employer.

Comment

So, would I be better finding someone during college or after?

I don't think it helps that I'm pretty darned shy around girls I like.

Comment

I'm gifted in other ways.
                            It was like that when I got here.

Comment

Originally posted by YoungMariner View Post
                              Work on cruise ships, you'll find a girlfriend quickly.
                              It's not that easy, or I just suck at it!
                              ?Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn?t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.?

? Mark Twain
                              myBlog | @alistairuk | flickr | youtube Views and opinions expressed are those of myself and not representative of any employer or other associated party.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
                              x
                              x
                              Working...
                              X