X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finding your own sponsoring company?

Hi,

I hope this is ok to post in this forum.

I have an interview with one of the recruitment agencies for the January 2014 intake. I am aware that not many companies hire for then. So far I know of a few. Neither one I am particularly fond of. Would it be beneficial to email the companies directly to sort of promote myself, I am taking about some of the companies who generally are not planning on taking on cadets for the Jan intake. Or should i just wait until I have had my interview and accept who ever I can get?

I hope this makes sence!

Thanks!

I'm not entirely sure I understand what you mean, but if you are talking about emailing companies which sponsor cadets through a training agency to try and ensure that you get placed on that companies ships then I wouldn't hold out much hope. Maybe someone who has recently done a cadetship and requested a specific company could give you more detailed advice.

Hope it all works out for you.
    Go out, do stuff

Comment

Not all companies use a training company to hire and administrate their cadets. The big companies tend to do it in house. Go to the MNTB website and look up their list of companies and apply to all of them!

Size4riggerboots

Blog tWitterings Flickr Tumblr Faceache

Comment

I didnt go through a training company, just apply to every single company it takes time but in the end it will pay off.

Comment

Thanks.

The companies available through the recruitment agency are ones I am not overfly fond of. I thought if i approached a company who use them septarately it might work out better, but by the sounds of it it wont.

I have applied to everybody. I am now on my second round of applying to them. I will just keep at it!

Comment

Keep at it and good luck!!

Size4riggerboots

Blog tWitterings Flickr Tumblr Faceache

Comment

Remember to tailor your CV to the companies you apply to don't just write one and go off like a shotgun.

Comment

Yeah I do try and tailor my CV's, though I admit I could tailor them a bit better. I do not have any sea experience, so trying to sound like I am enthusiastic and a "safe bet" is hard, other than saying it.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                Auto-Saved
                x
                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                x
                or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
                x
                x
                Working...
                X