X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Searching For Job

hello every one,

i am freash indian third mate with recent qualificatons from nautical school in india. my great hope is to get offshore job very very soon. I have apply to many many company but no body answers my cvs and phone call

can some body on here pleaz give me some advice onhow to get offshore job. the pay is very very good some times more than 1000 US dollar per month and this is my life dream now i am qualified.

i am not not that interested in the cruise ships as i hear that the pay is not as good and many people tell me that only white officer get job on cruise ship but i think that i am also thrid mate so this is not fair. they should change the laws against this one maybe put this in SOLAS or ISPS code soon.

pleaz help me with offshore job as i think i have potential to do this one very very well and i will work for less than normal to get good experience before i start ask for big money first.

I would suggest that this probably isn't the best place to look for a job in your situation. I would try all the agencies in India ensure your application is in the best condition, also I get a sense your attitude may be holding you back slightly with the bit in your post about Cruise ships (I may have misinterpreted your post slightly) so you may want to possibly moderate things slightly.

Good luck!
    Pilotage - It's just a controlled allision

Comment

I have sailed with a few Indian officers on cruise ships so I can tell you that it is not "only white officers" who get jobs on cruise ships.

It is always difficult to get the first job when you are qualified, don't restrict yourself to offshore, you might find that if you get a few trips on a bulk carrier or similar then with some watchkeeping experience you will find it easier to get a job in the offshore industry.

Good luck.
      Go out, do stuff

Comment

Contact all agencies in your area and try get at a least your first trip in before focusing on Offshore I would say.

Putting race laws in the ISPS code? seems strange... hehe

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
          hello every one,

i am freash indian third mate with recent qualificatons from nautical school in india. my great hope is to get offshore job very very soon. I have apply to many many company but no body answers my cvs and phone call

can some body on here pleaz give me some advice onhow to get offshore job. the pay is very very good some times more than 1000 US dollar per month and this is my life dream now i am qualified.

i am not not that interested in the cruise ships as i hear that the pay is not as good and many people tell me that only white officer get job on cruise ship but i think that i am also thrid mate so this is not fair. they should change the laws against this one maybe put this in SOLAS or ISPS code soon.

pleaz help me with offshore job as i think i have potential to do this one very very well and i will work for less than normal to get good experience before i start ask for big money first.
          Few things: -

1) I haven't seen the Indian wage scales in a while, but I know 3/O's get a fair bit more than $1000 a month. What CBA are you on?

2) Not only white officers get jobs on cruise ships. They tend to have various nationalities working on them and those that say "only for white man" have tend to have one heck of a chip on their shoulder for whatever reasons.

3) What has employment got to do with SOLAS (safety) or ISPS (security)? It's all MLC now.

4) Don't bother sending emails of your CV to random companies. Loads of folks do this and it generally gets deleted straight off.

5) Same for Linkedin.

6) Go to Mumbai, with all your certificates, and go to the Manning Agencies there. That is how most recruitment within India is done. I'd advise going to CF Sharp, ASP, V.Ships, Anglo Eastern, Bibbys or Thome.

7) Expect whatever pay you get to be in line with the CBA that you are part of and on the appropriate wage scale.

8) Don't go demanding big money from the manning agents until you're a Master or C/O. Last 3rd Eng I saw try that didn't get very far.

9) If a manning agent asks for money for a job or demands a percentage of your salary, go elsewhere. The company's I advised above would never ask for that and are a safer bet.
          I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.....

All posts here represent my own opinion and not that of my employer.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
          Auto-Saved
          x
          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
          x
          or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
          x
          x
          Working...
          X