Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• STILL Having a bad time.

I posted a thread a few months ago regarding my sea phase, it still isn't going brilliantly. I want to switch from engine to deck but I don't know if I can still get SMART funding. I don't know whether it's the ship but I don't want to waste too much time.

I'm new here so don't know the previous details. What's so bad that is causing you to feel so down about things? Why do you want to change department? How far in to cadetship are you?

What's SMART funding?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

SMART funding is funding cadets get to complete a cadetship. I just get shouted at all the time by everyone, mainly because everyone has slightly different ways of doing things. I still want to work at sea, I love being away but I didn't know a great deal about either departments before applying. If I knew what was involved on the deck side I would have defiantly chose that route.

Comment

I am just under a year into my cadetship.

Comment

That's not too far in to change. People will shout at you, especially as no offence but you're at the bottom of the pile. Accept the shouting and rubbish - once you leave the ship you'll no doubt ever see them again - and just try to listen, understand and learn. The different methods may all have their merits which are worth taking note of for future reference.
          Have you spoken to your company about changing?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

I have just emailed the training manager, waiting for a reply. I just really hope that I still able to work at sea.

Comment

To be honest, changing from Deck to Engine, with funding being this tight is unlikely. If being shouted at bothers you, then I'm sorry but you need to grow up a wee bit because folks at sea will shout from time to time. (There are limits obviously, but normally you try to take it and crack on)
              I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.....

All posts here represent my own opinion and not that of my employer.

Comment

Have to just let shouting roll of your back. Just brace up say yes sir no sir wont happen again sir. Join The TA after a bit of being shouted at by some scary sergeant majors for a bit everyone on ship will seem like a pussy cat :P

Keep your eyes on the prize. Look at adverts for jobs for third or fourth engineer, see what they pay. Then look at what you could buy with this posh flat, flash car, Rolex, Armani suit or what ever floats your boat. This helps me when am down a bit to see light at end of the tunnel.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                Auto-Saved
                x
                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                x
                x
                Working...
                X