Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• declining a sponsorship company

If you haven't officially signed a contract with a shipping company and have been sent an application for seaman's discharge book, what happens to your discharge book application if you then decline the offer issued by the company?

Approved by CD

Technically speaking you'd be lying to the MCA if you send the form in. Which I wouldn't recommend.

I assume that if you've declined an offer you have another offer to accept, in which case the company you go with will organise a new employer's declaration.
    sigpic
    Hello! I'm Chris. I'm away a lot so I'm sorry if it takes me a while to reply to messages, but I promise I'll get back to everyone. If it's urgent, please email me directly at [email protected].

Need books, Flip Cards or chartwork instruments? Visit SailorShop.co.uk!

Comment

But what if it hadn't yet been passed onto the MCA, and was with the shipping company. What would happen? Would you more than likely have to pay for the cost of a discharge book?

Comment

I'd say the company would just bin the form. Only way to know for sure is to ask them.
        sigpic
        Hello! I'm Chris. I'm away a lot so I'm sorry if it takes me a while to reply to messages, but I promise I'll get back to everyone. If it's urgent, please email me directly at [email protected].

Need books, Flip Cards or chartwork instruments? Visit SailorShop.co.uk!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        x
        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
        x
        or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
        x
        x
        Working...
        X