Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Singapore / UK COC

just need to ask that ,i am unable to make up mind regarding which COC i should go for ... At present i hold indian oow and planning to go for my chief mate but not in India .... either i planning to go to singapore or Uk .. Please share ur exp and comments regarding the singapore and Uk ...( pro and cons)....I know now companies accept white list countries COC ..but still individual exp or suggestion will help me a lot in making up my mind...

It is difficult to say really - the UK chief mates can be quite a long course if you don't have UK training for OOW, but I don't know much about how the Singapore system works. I would get in touch with some of the UK colleges and discuss what exams you would need to take and figure out exact time scales before committing. As you say, white list COC's are considered of equivalent competency, so on that front there is little to choose between them, if you work in Asia however then a Singapore COC may be more useful than a British one. Why not ask some local shipping companies which one they would prefer? - at the end of the day it will be about which one your future employer finds more attractive than anything else...
    Cruise ship Captain with experience on-board Passenger Vessels ranging from 5500-150000 GRT.

Comment

Thanks Holy...Singapore course is for 5 months college then written + orals ..makes it 6 months ..and UK is 9 months college and with all ur written + orals , makes it nearly 12 months .. well Singapore is my 1st choice at this moment but personally i have talked to ppl and they say Uk is better than Singapore... well i take ur suggestion and and try to ask some companies abt it .. May b have to call them personally coz i think email add provide on their site have auto response " we will get back shortly"...

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      x
      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
      x
      or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
      x
      x
      Working...
      X