X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waiting for an interview.

Already a member.

I have interviews lined up with only a few shipping companies, I have a clean ENG 1 for an Engineer officer but I have a restriction saying I'm not fit for navigational lookout duties. Even though I'm applying to be an Engineer will this restriction affect me because the company are not giving me any dates for any interviews and are wanting to speak to the MCA about this. Anyone have experience on this?

Exactly same boat as you but I already have a place.

You won't have any problems at all.
    Saltydog

Comment

Thanks. However, the company are trying to get a hold of the MCA to see what job prospectus' are like at the end of my cadetship. I don't know why though. It's quite frustrating because they say they've still not heard from the MCA and it's been two weeks, and I'm to get an interview after they hear from the MCA. Also, it only took my Dr a day to contact them, so how can it take a company more than two weeks to get a hold of them?

Comment

Not sure which company it is you are going for but sounds very odd, depending which of the 4 doctors I see at the MAC approved practice, I get unrestricted or not fit for nav duties, which is blindingly obvious given I wear glasses or contacts and have for more years than I care to admit. Never had any issues.

Just hang in there maybe they are just being ubber cautious for some reason.
        Trust me I'm a Chief.

Views expressed by me are mine and mine alone.
        Yes I work for the big blue canoe company.
        No I do not report things from here to them as they are quite able to come and read this stuff for themselves.

Twitter:- @DeeChief

Comment

I have even sent them a letter from opticians highlighting that I have passed one of the test for Engineers alongside the test which I failed which was Deck orientated. In addition to this, I have sent them the covering letter from the Dr which states that I am unrestricted as an Engineer and it includes reference from the Chief Medical Officer of the MCA. My only worry is with exams looming, it'll be more difficult to arrange an interview and I'm worried that the list of training companies will diminish as time goes by waiting for a reply, in the event that I am accepted by this organisation. Many thanks.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
          Auto-Saved
          x
          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
          x
          or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
          x
          x
          Working...
          X