No announcement yet.

Wages when Qualified

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by pignutpilot View Post
    It sucks if you have to work on a UK flagged ship and live in the UK.

Another 10-15% off our salaries through national insurance.
    Well at end of the day, you know your salary & contract terms before you join a ship - no one forces you too - so if you're willing to work on a UK flagged ship in certain parts of the industry you can't exactly bitch about it!
    “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”

– Mark Twain
    myBlog | @alistairuk | flickr | youtube Views and opinions expressed are those of myself and not representative of any employer or other associated party.

Comment

• Originally posted by jg96ram View Post
      Thanks everyone. thats cleared it up!
      Out of curiosity, why are you our number 1 source of random cruise ship knowledge?
      I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.....

All posts here represent my own opinion and not that of my employer.

Comment

• Master on a DSV Class 3 DP is from £500-£650 per day, month on month off or 6-8 weeks on /off, this can be tax free. Chief Officer can be anywhere from £280- £450 per day, the lower figures are usually the equivalent in salary. You have to pay for all your certs etc, before you get a job and not many pay for the upkeep of those Certs, but some do. Jobs very hard to come by now, as Easdtern Europeans and Philippine Officers charge a lot less so not guaranteed to get those day rates!

Comment

• Originally posted by alistairuk View Post

It varies by company, those that pay onboard only will normally pay slightly higher per month - it generally averages out the same when taken as an annual figure...

So yes, if your on a 4:2 rotation then you would work 8 months of the year, so your annual salary would be 8 x monthly rate.
          I only get paid onboard, but my contract is very weirdly worded - I'm paid 1.5 times my monthly salary (to cover the leave, effectively half-pay ashore) but I don't understand why it isn't just that figure?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
          Auto-Saved
          x
          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
          x
          x
          Working...
          X