Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HNC grade

Receiving my HNC grade last week I got a C (one mark off a B!) Obviously its gutting as I had an average of 80% in exams. So I'm just wondering How important are the HNC grades when you qualify? I.e putting it on your CV etc

Pretty much not at all......companies want your OOW or EOOW, the HNC/D Degree is for you and you alone, and whatever exemptions you get for next tickets
    Trust me I'm a Chief.

Views expressed by me are mine and mine alone.
    Yes I work for the big blue canoe company.
    No I do not report things from here to them as they are quite able to come and read this stuff for themselves.

Twitter:- @DeeChief

Comment

Thanks Cheify, thats good to know. I really thought I might of hindered my chances before even fully qualifying yet :S I was wondering if companies use these grades which deciding on one candiate over another? Or does it go off more experience and, like you said, your ticket?

Comment

Sorry for the delay.....

It "might" come in to play when applying for your first few jobs, assuming you arent taken up by your sponsor company, but it would have to be a decider, likea tie break between 2 identical candidates, however normally it isnt.

My company have a tendency to take on most cadets BUT if they need to shed a few then they can use the grades and keep the "best xx%" but again that is more of a tie break situation.

Once you have had a few trips and maybe a few companies, what counts is YOU, your tickets and YOU, as in how you interview and come across and wether you are any good at the job etc.
        Trust me I'm a Chief.

Views expressed by me are mine and mine alone.
        Yes I work for the big blue canoe company.
        No I do not report things from here to them as they are quite able to come and read this stuff for themselves.

Twitter:- @DeeChief

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        x
        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
        x
        or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
        x
        x
        Working...
        X