X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Potential Fleetwood Cadet Questions

Hello

I have a few questions that I cant find the answers to and would like to remain annoymous please! I am a potential cadet to start at Fleetwood and am worrying a little at of some things as follows:

-I understand that the rooms in Fleetwood are singles and you dont have to share and they include a sink - but what are the shower facilities like please? I am quite shy with regards to my body and was hoping they are not shared showers like at a swimming pool etc. Are there also plently of toilets and you dont need to que and things like at public loos??? (sounds silly but would like honest answers please - thanks)

-Also with regards to washing (as in clothes and bedding washing) Does the bedding get washed like in a hotel or do you have to do it yourself??? Also are there facilities to wash clothes at Fleetwood or do you have to find a local laundrette???

-Also are they strict about comings and goings in and out at night? Im a very light sleeper and often dont need alot and am fond of going for a walk in the middle of the night for a hour or so... Is this something I could continue to do or does it get 'locked down' at a certain time.

-Last question is about the atmosmere at Fleetwood... I am older than some cadets and have been out of education for a while and was wondering if it was more like school or more like University?

Thanks in advance for your answers to my strange questions

Cheers, Q.

Hi Q, I'll be brief cos I'm on my phone... Each section, (about 7 rooms) has it's own shower and toilet cubicles, you don't have to shower in front of people. Your bedding gets changed once a week, you don't have to wash it yourself. There is a small laundry room just by the halls block where you can wash your clothes. There is always a security guard around, but you're never locked in. They are quite strict about visitors, and I *think* there may be a curfew for under 18s. Bear in mind that that is written from the experience if someone who was in the halls just before they did a refurb, it might be a little different but not hugely I think.

In some ways it's a lot like school: uniforms, full day of lessons, tutors get called mr x or sir... But everyone is there because they want to be, and the average age is, at a guess, early 20s, (I was 26 when I started). There are the younger ones who tend to dick about a bit more, but IMHO, when they're in the same class as older people who set a decent example, help them out if they're struggling and tell them to pull it together if they're being a pain, they realise that being a twat isn't going to wash.

Size4riggerboots

Blog tWitterings Flickr Tumblr Faceache

Comment

QQQ, I'm in Fleetwood halls at the moment, just about to leave really... S4 has pretty much covered it all but I just wanted to say: relax! Everything will be fine I don't know if under 18s have curfews but I've gone out/ come back to halls in the middle of the night and it's fine.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      x
      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
      x
      or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
      x
      x
      Working...
      X