Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it normal that I can't get out of my onboard sleep pattern ashore?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• size4riggerboots
    replied
    Set alarms, get up in the morning, go out, do stuff, don't go to sleep at 4 in the afternoon, wait until it's a normal bedtime, then go to bed. Rinse and repeat. And use the normal forums for this kind of stuff please.

Leave a comment:

• timmillea
    replied
    6 on, 6 off is pretty harsh. I assume you don't sleep 12 hours/day but sleep within those two six hour blocks! Plenty of cultures have siestas for a sleep after lunch and many experts recommend a "power nap" part-way through the day. The thing with sleep is to listen to your body and sleep when you are tired. Nothing really complicated.

Leave a comment:

• Clanky
    replied
    No, it is not normal, yes, you are a freak of nature, you should drink more beer and use the normal forums not the anonymous forum.

KTHXBAI

Leave a comment:

Guest started a topic Is it normal that I can't get out of my onboard sleep pattern ashore?

Is it normal that I can't get out of my onboard sleep pattern ashore?

Hi,

for my first sea phase I was working a continuous 6 on/6 off. Now I'm back at college/home I still follow that general sleep pattern.

On ship I slept 4am-10am and 4pm-10pm. At home I sleep almost the exact same hours.

Anyone else get this, or am I a freak of nature?
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x
or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
x
x
Working...
X